Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner August 2012

Feeling a bit unenthusiastic?

waggamama, 29 December, 2011 at 22:03 Posted on Planning 0 8

ANOTHER new thread by me; can you guess I'm an excited bride?

I'm feeling a little unenthused though. I mean, I love the favours, the venue, the little things like that. But things like my hair and make up, my shoes, Mark's outfit and shoes, flower girl outfits, etc. I just don't feel excited about those things, or a few others. Am I freak of bride-nature?

I can't wait to make the invites, to send them out, make up the favours and lunch boxes, decorate the venue, and most of all marry Mark...

But then my mum says something like 'Have you bought your wedding shoes yet?' and all I see in my head are a pair of red canvas flats I saw on New Look.com recently and vaguely thought 'Yeah, they'll do.'. Or my sister will ask about my hen night, and I'm struck with zero plans or ideas; my hobbies are dog shows, baking, and photography. I never drink and I really don't care for hanging out with people much as mean as it sounds. I just feel very un-bridely.

Does anyone else feel this way? I'm a young bride, so it just makes me feel like I'm not taking things seriously enough or being immature. I've been with my Marky for three years, so it's not like we're rushing into things or anything like that. I just feel silly for not finding things more exciting. Not to mention, money problems really put a damper on planning (though it does make me very creative).

Please feel free to hop in if you too feel a bit low-key.

8 replies

Latest activity by Barefoot, 30 December, 2011 at 15:45
  • *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, you're excited about your wedding, and that's all that counts!

There's going to be parts of WPing that we couldn't give two hoots about. I'm not a shoe person so haven't got too excited about them either. Very jealous of other brides' shoes on here though!

But you don't have to have a big hen do if you don't want. Why don't you go for afternoon tea or something nice like that?

• B
    Beginner April 2012
    Brimbletobe ·
    • Hide content

Can't join in with the low-key feeling at the moment, but I just wanted to say that it's your wedding, you should concentrate on the things you do find exciting. If you don't care about shoes (I have to say I struggled to get excited by a pair of shoes no one can see!) then don't worry about them, if you don't care about a big hen do then don't have one, have a few friends over and do some baking of picnic treats and eat them in someone's garden....etc. That way you will have time and maybe more money to plan and get the things you are excited by.

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    waggamama ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys; you're so right. I guess I'm worried over nothing! I'm glad it's normal not to find every detail exciting, perhaps a trip to a nature trail with a picnic can be sorted instead of a pub, heh. xx

• Vickydrip
    Beginner July 2012
    Vickydrip ·
    • Hide content

Hi Waggamamma

I agree with above, I am so excited by my dress and saying the vows and knowing I will be with Paul forever after this.

I'm not excited about a hen do, I want to go and watch a musical but not many of my hen party would like that. Others are trying to talk me out of it and go to have a booze up but it's my hen night, not theirs. Someone else suggested a stripper, but I am really not interested in that. At the end of the day, it's your wedding, and you are entitled to your own opinions and to get excited about what you want.

Regarding shoes - i was going to get a pair from New Look as they have the most comfiest shoes I have ever tried, until I fell in love with a pair in New York. There is nothing wrong with NEw Look shoes. :-)

How about a photography afternoon for your hen night, you can get deals for things like that on groupon or wowcher (sorry if that is classed as unauthorised advertising).

Good luck in whatever you decide.

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    waggamama ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Aroha, and Vicky; you're both so right! I'm so glad I'm not the only one, lol!

Musical sounds way better than a hen do, by the way!

• Vickydrip
    Beginner July 2012
    Vickydrip ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for that Waggamama :-) I'm thinking of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat that will be touring in the area around May time :-)

Oh, have you got a flash of the shoes you were looking at?

x

• T
    Tricialen ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for sharing and good luck with the thread.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing the musical thing! Dirty Dancing is touring and is local enough for me to go to for my hen do! My plan is a meal out followed by the musical, and drinks after. Some of the girls from work have invited themselves for the drinks afterwards and seem to think it will get rowdy. Well, I'm booking a hotel and when I've had enough, I'm going to bed!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics