Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

Feeling a bit unorganised??

mummymrs2b, 23 March, 2012 at 22:02 Posted on Planning 0 4

Getting married in April 2013 and so far we have booked the venue, photographer, and put deposit to secure my dress. Not done anything for a while now, keep reading other posts on here and people are so organised compared to me and get married after me. Please tell me I'm still ok for time or should I be doing more? Got a bit stuck on what to do next and when x

4 replies

Latest activity by Vintage84, 24 March, 2012 at 10:21
  • SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

If you'll be hiring wedding cars I'd be looking into those quite soon, like togs they can get booked rather quickly!

• megamixevents
    megamixevents ·
    • Hide content

Hey Mummy,

Firstly congrats! Secondly don't worry about a thing I can assure you people are not always as organised as you think! For example many of my friends left it until the final 6 months, today for example we have had three bookings for our discos and DJs for Summer 2012 June-August 2012..

Anything we can help with just message us!

all the very best x

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

You are not disorganised at all! The whole process has lots of times of busy activity and then lulls... I guess my only suggestion is if you're planning on doing lots of things yourself, it might be a good time to start sourcing materials and researching ideas. Maybe the next thing would be to think about flowers? But don't worry... you're fine!

• P
    Beginner August 2013
    Peppr Potts ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My date is August 2013 and i did an almost identical post to this yesterday! The other 2013 brides around seem so much more organised than me and seem to have loads sorted..... i was assured there's plenty of time and i'm not behind though so i would say the same applies for you .....

H2B agreed with the lovely hitchers that i shouldn't worry but then he also said "surely now we've booked the venue we don't need to do anything until a month before" so i don't think i'll be taking his advice!!

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married the day before you & we haven't even booked a tog yet! I think the problem is that it still feels so far away that I don't want to fix to many ideas because I know I'll probably change my mind! I'm going to go bridesmaid dress shopping in june/July so there are plenty of colours on the high street! I haven't got a colour theme in mind, I prefer lots of colours in the same sort of shade (strong pastels) so I'm just going to wait & see what colours suit both my bridesmaids! I keep having little wobbles about my dress because its quite grand & in my head I've blown it up to "big fat gypsy" proportions! The catalogue pic doesnt help because it looks even more grand & cathedral like and I'm getting married in a hotel! Anyway, enough about my wobbly moments ; )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics