Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Feeling down about my wedding and wedding dress with 4 weeks to go

SunnyRedCars885, 2 of September of 2017 at 21:16 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would write on here about how I'm honestly feeling with under 4 weeks to go. I have received nearly all of my rsvp's back and almost none of my friends can make it but all of my fiance's friends will be there and I do feel down about this even though I know that's not the reason we are getting married.

I had a fitting earlier and I was feeling rubbish about my friends not being there, and when I tried my dress on, I felt even worse. When I tried it on the last time, I felt amazing and tonight I stood in the same dress which had been altered even more and I felt worse. I felt fat,not in any way glamorous and just so down. My mum took photos on her really old iPad and I look huge but I'm hoping it was just because the photos were awful and the room was tiny with bad light.

Basically, I just feel really down about the whole thing right now, and my fiance is in Amsterdam at the moment and I'm stuck on my own in the house dwelling on all of this. Has anyone else ever felt like this?

3 replies

Latest activity by SomethingBlue11, 5 of September of 2017 at 16:30
  • R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

Awww firstly, take a few deep breaths! If the dress has been altered too much, you still have time to go back and get it fixed. But I suspect this isn't really the issue, it's the fact that your friends can't make it. Do they have good reasons? Distance, money, funny day of the week, childcare? Can they be persuaded to come to the evening do? Maybe a mutual friend can have a word and explain that your a bit upset about it. Maybe you could have a girls night with them before the wedding?

My wedding is still months away so I haven't been through this, but you really do need to focus on what is important about the day and who actually will be there, stuff anyone else, if they can't make the effort, they aren't worth the worry! But you will have loads of guests who are there for you to support you on your big day and they are the important ones. Once you get your fiance back home, I'm sure it will all be soon forgotten! I hope it all goes well!

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

You're probably not feeling good in your dress just because you aren't feeling good in general. See if you can go try it on again with a clear head.

As the previous reply suggested, try to have a day out with your friends beforehand or encourage them to make at least part of the day for you.

It's easier said than done but you have to try to not dwell on things, you'll enjoy your day regardless, you're marrying the nan of your dreams right?

• P
    Beginner September 2017
    PinkGems254 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I tend to agree and think that maybe you feel so down about your dress because of how you are feeling in general - could you go back and try it on again when you're feeling a little better? It's really disappointing when people you really want to be at your wedding can't make it but you just have to try and remind yourself that your day will be amazing because you get to marry the person you love, everything else around that is just details.

I'm just under 4 weeks until my wedding and I'm feeling down about things as well, different things to you but I think it's just because it is now getting very close you and it's something that you've been planning for month! Try to focus on the reason your getting married and enjoy your day no matter what!

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    SomethingBlue11 ·
    • Hide content

I had lots of moments like this, it's natural to doubt yourself sometimes. It's a big event where you feel like people will be judging every detail, but you just have to think who cares and make it the best day for you and your fiancé, that's all that really matters. At the end of the day people are getting a great party and free food so they should be grateful!

I am am naturally quite introverted, and even on the morning of my wedding I was feeling quite down and almost upset, but as soon as the wedding started, it was amazing! Everyone was so complimentary and it was amazing seeing everyone so happy. It really is all worth it so just try to think about hat and stay positive! It's just stress and insecurity that's making you feel down.

i had quite a few friends who I always thought would be there say they couldn't. One and it did hurt, but by the time the day came I really didn't miss them! I actually thought 'well it's their loss' they missed it on an awesome day! It's the people that do attend that make it. People are so happy to be included, and they give you lovely cards with messages inside, and they hug you and say what a lovely couple you are and how amazing the day has been, and it's really wonderful. You honestly won't miss the ones that aren't there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics