Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2023 Perthshire

Feeling emotional after dress try on!

Hannah, 20 of February of 2022 at 17:11 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
Hi ladies! Very strange, random question, but did anyone else feel super emotional after their first dress try on? I went for my first dress try on yesterday with my mum and I wasn’t expecting to get emotional as I’m not really someone who cries or gets affected by things…but I did! I found the dress of my dreams, and watching my mum cry when I was in it plus me feeling so happy and confident made me feel so extremely emotional. I just keep crying when I think back to it, and feel like it’s a memory I’m really going to treasure forever. I’m exhausted today from all the emotion!! I feel like I’m crazy…did anyone else experience this!? 😅

6 replies

Latest activity by Melissab, 21 of February of 2022 at 16:51
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Oh yes, I was a hot mess when I found the one as was my mum and friends. It is lovely that you felt this way, I think, so nice to feel the connection and what it symbolises
  • H
    Beginner May 2023 Perthshire
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This comment made me cry again 😂😂😂 what on Earth is going on!! I feel like a crazy woman 😂 but you are so right. Thank you - it’s nice to know others felt the same! Xx
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I can’t say I cried when I found my dress, I think my mum was emotional but I haven’t seen it for 6 months now and I’ve just been told it is due into the shop in March so I may cry when I do the first proper try on.
    The dress I tried on was too small so the back wasn’t done up and I didn’t have the right shoes so I imagine when you have the whole ensemble it is much more emotional!
    It’s all so exciting!
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I didn't cry either as I too am not really like that but it was a unique experience and everytime I look at it or put it on I'm so unbelievably happy with it!
  • A
    Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    I am also not a cryer but felt quite emotional in the dress I ended up buying and got a bit wobbly when veil was added too.

Was really weird as day before I just felt very awkward trying on dresses and just thought oh maybe I am just not a dress shopping/emotional dress person.
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    If you and your wedding party don’t cry, is it even the right dress?!! Me, 3 friends and my daughter all cried when I found the one. That’s how we knew! It arrived in the shop a couple of weeks ago, I went to check it and try it on - cried again and even made the assistant cry. I envision crying every time I put it on. I hope my makeup artist is bloody good! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics