Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

miss_winter14
Beginner February 2014

feeling for grooms and best men; written my ruby wedding speech :/

miss_winter14, 10 of February of 2015 at 14:25 Posted on Planning 0 5

So i now know how grooms and best men and fobs etc feel. i've written my speech for my parents ruby wedding and i'm convinced it's poo.

so i need opinions. please? here it is for you to pick apart for me:

Good evening everyone. Welcome to the celebration of Mummy winter & Daddy winter's 40th wedding anniversary. I won't keep you long, namely because I want to put them in the spot! But before I do, I just wanted to say just a few words. First and foremost to my co-conspirators; *names of helpers*, and anyone else who has helped make this party happen- from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your help! Secondly, to all of you who have come out tonight to help celebrate- thank you so much for coming. It's wonderful to have you here and I hope you relax and enjoy the evening! Eat, drink, dance and be merry!

Now to the reason we're here; I just wanted to take a moment to offer our congratulations to mummy and daddy from within the family. Growing up brother winter and I felt like the luckiest children because we had parents who loved us as much as they loved each other- and that was a heck of a lot. You showed us what a happy, lasting marriage is. You created the most loving family atmosphere, not just in the love you showed us, but in the love and support you showed each other. The example you set for us, sees us strive every day to achieve happy relationships, because you are both living proof it is possible to have. You taught us that life isn't always easy and compromise is frequently involved, but that when love is the real thing, the challenges pale when you face things together. You taught us to laugh, to smile and to love, and we thank you, so much for everything you given us through the years.

As you all know, I was lucky enough to marry my lovely Mr. winter last year, and you are unquestionably an inspiration to wints and myself in our own new marriage. The thing that gave me confidence going into my marriage was the example you've set. If wints and I are even half as happy as you both are together, we'll consider our marriage truly blessed.

So, you've made it 40 years, two children, two grandchildren and innumerable cats along that way, and it's clear to see that you're both going to continue happy and in love for the rest of your days and I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone here when I say that's exactly what we wish you; happiness and love always.

So ladies and gentlemen, I ask you all to raise a glass as we toast the ruby wedding anniversary of my parents- and here's to many more. To mummy winter and daddy winter!

the more i read it the more unhappy i become......but am i over analysing it now? or am i just to close to it? grrrrrr- tis not easy this!

5 replies

Latest activity by Nathan, 10 of June of 2022 at 21:13
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I've got to say, that is lovely, did get a little teary eyed, and I would be chuffed to bits if my daughter had those things to say about me and my OH (not that i've got a daughter but you know what I mean). What are you unhappy with?

How about you leave it for a couple of days and go back to it and see how you feel about it then?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

It feels a trifle repetitive to me i think? although it's possible where i've had my essay head on for the past few day writing my sociology, that maybe i am being too critical because i'm looking for uni writing in something which should be from the heart (and therefore prone to imperfection).....maybe coming back to it is the right thing to do. thank you! that was much needed perspective. and thank you for your kind critique xxx

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds lovely, I got a little teary in the middle! Have you tried reading it out loud, that will give you more of an idea how it flows. I agree with jen-lou though go back to it in a few days.

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

It's brilliant!

Says everything and is very heartfelt without being too long.

Great effort, well done.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies Smiley smile

bliss i have tried but i just sound like a tit, but bth i don't think that's the content, that's just me Smiley winking haha

def gonna give it a few days and see......

thanks again all! xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics