Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

Feeling very emotional and overwhelmed

Shay, 16 of February of 2024 at 22:25 Posted on Planning 1 4
We have started the process of handing out our invitations. I don’t know what I expected but the responses have been beautiful! I have friends already with their outfits. My work friend bawled her eyes out. She couldn’t believe she was invited. Which actually made me feel terrible I can’t invite them all, but we have a limit Ofcourse. It’s made me all emotional and I can’t believe people are feeling this way. God only knows how I’ll be on the day. Im sometimes feeling overwhelmed? Did anyone else feel this way? It is all strange as we have had the best time planning. Meeting our vicar the other week was also very emotional and it made me love my fiance even more! ❤️ I miss my Dad. I wish he was here to see be part of it all.

4 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 21 of February of 2024 at 21:05
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's normal to feel a bit overwhelmed at times - it's a huge life change! And I think it's more emotional when you are dealing with feelings about a loved one not being there on your wedding day. I know I had a few wobbles planning our service, thinking what my dad would have thought of it all! Change is always unsettling, even when it's something we really want, so try not to worry too much about the emotions - just let them flow over you. And if you're emotional on the day, that is very normal too, and no one is going to mind.

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! Thank you for your kind reply! Yes. I totally agree! When I moved away with my fiance it is all I ever wanted but that was also hard and very emotional! Some family members have got poorly in the last month and we aren’t sure how that is going to go either so hence my heightened emotions too! ❤️
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so sorry, it's hard having to deal with that on top of everything else. Take it a day at a time.

If you're finding it hard thinking of not having your dad with you on the day, and also maybe having loved ones who are too unwell to attend, it might be worth thinking of how to include them. We both lost our fathers before our wedding, and had a few frail family members unable to attend, so we incorporated some things into the day as tributes to our dads and live-streamed the service for our housebound loved ones. We also sent them an invitation and order of service, even though we knew they couldn't be there in person, so that they felt they had a 'proper invite' to the livestream. And sent them all some photos after (mostly elderly and not able to view photos online).

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got goosebumps reading this! That is very beautiful and very thoughtful! I’m sorry to you both for your losses. A lovely idea of how to include loved ones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics