Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

grace85
Beginner February 2011

Female Best Man Outfit!

grace85, 24 March, 2010 at 12:35 Posted on Planning 0 5

We're having a female best man and she wants to wear a suit, which is fine, it's just what to put underneath it!

OH has said he doesn't want her to wear a waistcoat but doesn't know what else to suggest so as per usual it's up to me to come up with ideas, lol!

My thoughts so far are -

She'll be wearing a fitted suit, same grey as the mens, with a white blouse with either

1) we'll make her a neck tie in the same material as the BM's dresses. (We wouldn't be able to get it the same as the mens)

2) We get a teenage boy/small man's (so it's fitted) waistcoat the same as the mens and she wears that with an open collar shirt.

I personally think that the fitted waistcoat would look nice, it's a pale blue and silver pattern so it's not overly macho.

I'm completely stumped so if you guys can come up with something else i'll love you forever!!

xx

5 replies

Latest activity by grace85, 24 March, 2010 at 14:51
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Wants to wear a suit?? I was gonna suggest the bridesmaid dress but if she wants a suit then...

have you asked her about her thoughts? if she's set on wearing a suit then speak to her to discuss options as you're worried about looking to male. She'll either have some ideas or realise it's actually quite hard!!

My worry is that it'll look like a woman wearing mens clothing - very un-flattering and not very smart looking...

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content

WGBS

Check with her exactly what she is thinking of.

Maybe she doesn't like dresses & wants to wear trousers, in which case you could go for a really nice trouser & fitted shirt combo, or a top to match the colour of the mens waistcoats?

HTH

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Yep she wants to wear a suit! The first thing she said when OH asked her to be Best Person was i'm not wearing a dress. She's not a very girly girl.

I've asked what she'd like to wear with her suit and she says whatever we want her too!

I'm just running out of ideas!!

As much as i love her and she's a great friend to OH i wish he was normal and had a male, lol!!

xx

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lol, well what about a really girly shirt to balance out the more manly suit?

e.g.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Well, just as you'd take the men to a suit fitting, you need to take her shopping so she understands the probloems you have. It's not as easy as it sounds!!

Or tell her she's wearing the same suita nd tie as the men ?

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're going to go out together in a couple of months (she's not long had a baby) to try on different suits so i suppose we can't really decide what to put underneath until we've got that!

She's got a lovely figure so as long as she's got a fitted jacket and good trousers she'll look good.

I might order a waistcoat on the quiet from OH and get her to try it on, he he, that way if she likes it and it looks nice there's nothing he can do about it!

I've already said to her that she's got to have her hair and make up done with me and the other girls so she looks a little bit girly!

It's turning into a bit of a nightmare, lol!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics