Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2016

Festivally/Rustic/Outdoor wedding in Spain venue needed

firefly2280, 24 of March of 2015 at 02:27 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

Hi all
I would love to get married in Spain and want an outdoorsy wedding with a festival vibe, so thinking lots of fairy lights and quirky things and not a rigid sit down meal plan. More like hog roasts and BBQs. Or maybe massive paellas for each table. I want it to be rustic and maybe have a courtyard and hopefully with 12 bedrooms or tents or something on site but then able to host more for the party. Would also be great if we could bring our own alcohol.
Really struggling to find a venue like this.
If anyone could help, I would be so grateful!
Thanks so much

8 replies

Latest activity by firefly2280, 11 of January of 2016 at 20:24
  • M
    Manu ·
    • Hide content

Hi firefly2280,

Love your idea! Massive paellas for each table? Yeah!

Maybe what you need to find is a 'Finca' instead of a venue. There are some places called 'Fincas' that you can hire for private events. A 'Finca' is a rustic place, usually in the south of the country but I'm sure you can find it in the north too. The usually give you the option of choosing a menu or just to hire the place so you can bring your own catering, alcohol, etc...

Take a look here https://www.bodas.net/bodas/banquetes/fincas

There you will find lots of them, but the website is in Spanish I'm afraid Smiley laugh

I'm based in Hampshire but I'm originally from Spain, so don't hesitate to reply if you need some help!

Good luck!

• F
    Beginner September 2016
    firefly2280 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

thanks so much for the reply. We've seen some Fincas, Haciendas and cortijos but now the problem we are having is that some of the ones we love wont allow parties! Such a shame and the ones that do weddings seem to mean you have to have their caterers! Pah! we will find something. I speak a little Spanish and this is a great time to brush up, so I should be ok....! ha ha! this is when I end up with donkeys and raw meat or something! Wish me luck.

thanks again

Nikki

• M
    Manu ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha Nikki, I'm sure you will find the perfect Finca-Hacienda-Cortijo-whatever! But as you know, finding the perfect place is quite time-consuming Smiley winking On the link that I posted for you I saw some of them that allow you to have your own catering, drinks etc... Just do some research and if I come across something interesting I'll keep you informed.

Well, I'm here to help you so don't hesitate to ask. Wish you luck!

Manu

• F
    Beginner September 2016
    firefly2280 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much Manu! Will let you know the outcome ?

• M
    Manu ·
    • Hide content

You're very welcome!

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Oh speak to silly wrong she got married in Spain.

• F
    Beginner September 2016
    firefly2280 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Smiley smile

I think we might have found the place. Searching Spanish websites is definitely the way to go! I'll let you know if its any good

• L
    Beginner October 2017
    LittleZ ·
    • Hide content

Hi, how did you get on? i'm looking for something similar in 2017/18 do you have any recommendations for venues or websites?

Thanks in advance

Zoe x

• F
    Beginner September 2016
    firefly2280 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zoe

We have found an amazing place in Priego de Cordoba. It's called Cortijo Rual La Presa. We have already been out twice and love it. Cant wait to have our wedding there in October. There were a few other places we found but nothing suitable for what we wanted. good luck with your search Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics