Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner April 2022 Hertfordshire

Festival/tipi wedding venues

Emma, 3 of October of 2020 at 23:05 Posted on Planning 1 3
Hello! I’m in need of some inspiration/guidance. We really want our wedding to have more of a festival feel and I’ve been looking for outdoor venues but I’m getting so overwhelmed with the planning and logistics. Has anyone on here had an outdoors tipi/yurt/marquee wedding (or planning one?)
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveGreenCakes49831, 17 of October of 2020 at 01:02
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

You could go down the route of a friend or families land but you will have to do a lot of the logistics yourself but there are venues that have all the infrastructure there for you such as power or generators, water, loos.

But when you bring in a company such as a tipi they will bring their own lighting with them anyway. My last tipi wedding had a buffet meal and a chip van came later for the evening. Or you can have full all day outside caterers o hog roast companies. Yes there may be more work for you bu you will have much more freedom to do what you want.

Some ideas for you, Straw bales for seating outside, families wooden garden furniture. Fire pits, home-made bunting, collect your jamjars for lanterns, and also have a look at stretch tents as well as tipi's.

Festival/tipi wedding venues 1

Festival/tipi wedding venues 2
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

A few more shots for for you - hope they help. And a reminder the in England you will not be allowed to actually get married in a tipi unless you do the paperwork official wedding separately and have the tipi wedding celebrant lead..

Festival/tipi wedding venues 3

Festival/tipi wedding venues 4

Festival/tipi wedding venues 5

Festival/tipi wedding venues 6

• E
    Curious July 2021 Hertfordshire
    ExpensiveGreenCakes49831 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello,

We’re planning a tipi wedding for July 21, if it goes ahead.
    We’re hiring a tipi through Events Under Canvas and having it in my future in-law’s garden. This has some logistical things to think about but EUC have been amazing!
    They provide everything that we need from hiring a generator, catering tent, toilets, lighting, dance floor, bar, tables and chairs for the wedding breakfast, benches for the ceremony as that will also be in the garden. They also have loads of other furnishings but we will be doing most DIY.
    Our catering company are also fantastic and they will be providing all glassware, cutlery, dinnerware etc.
    We’ve not had to think of too much as both suppliers have been amazing but it is definitely overwhelming, and costly!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics