Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kitty824
Beginner December 2011

Festive wedding ideas!!! (christmas and winter theme)

Kitty824, 27 November, 2010 at 11:36 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hello everyone on Hitched!

I am getting married in just over a years time, December 2011 the weekend before christmas...

We are still very much in the early planning stages and I was wondering what little touches anyone may like to share to make my wedding more festive and wintry!

We have already decided on a red/silver/grey colour scheme but that is as far as we have decided..

Many thanks in advance for any ideas shared! Smiley laugh

15 replies

Latest activity by CupcakeQueen, 5 January, 2011 at 08:48
  • Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm getting married this December!

I have decided to not go too OTT with xmas theme - but to make it a cosy affair. Low lighting, candles/fairy lights, red flowers, crackers on the tables (everyone loves crackers!) etc. ? can't wait!!!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hi & Welcome

A few ideas for you:

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content

The red always looks so rich and opulent, love red.

• G
    Beginner February 2011
    goody51 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a winter wonderland theme and so have named the tables Frost, Snow etc. We're having lots fo candles and battery powered fairy lights to decorate. Our cake has snowflakes on it and we have table confetti in the shape of snowflakes.

For a pre xmas wedding you could do some lovely favours, maybe decorations for the christmas tree or make your own crackers. A friend went to a wedding last week and they had a little fake tree (just branches with ice on them) with fairy lights and they had tied on each table plan, looked good.

I'm also going to have a basket full of pashminas at the entrance to the church in the colours of our theme so that the ladies can keep warm (only cheap pashminas but i thought a nice touch).

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

You could have mini christmas trees as your centrepiece on each table and you could hang stocking shaped decorations off them with a favour in for each person. You could have candy canes as decorations. Lots of twinkly fairylights (buy in the sales this year!)

You could have heart shaped wreaths to hang up around the reception room. Ivy and holly and mistletoe could be used as decorations too, and could be really cheap if you can find some in nearby woods. You could have lots of red candles and give out mulled wine as your welcome drink. If you like roasted chestnuts you could find a traditional chestnut barrow person (no idea of their real name!) and have him give out chestnuts as little nibbles. You could also wear really funky coloured wellies if it snows - my friend had to do taht last year when she had her wedding at new year and it was snowing!

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

If you're getting married in church you could have carols insted of hymns... I'd love to do this, sadly I don't think carols would work in August ?

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Hire in a snow machine from a disco shop (or you might be lucky and find a DJ that already has one). They are great fun and very authentic. I use mine to death during December for both parties and weddings. There's nothing quite like doing an entrance to the room or a first dance under a shower of snow (without the chill factor)

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I have a couple of centre piece ideas:

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi I saw this:

which I thought was quite cute as favours and name places

Maybe a xmas themed wedding cake:

or xmas horse drawn carriage

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

Yay for christmas brides!!! lol

We're having a snowflake theme! I have tiered cake stands full of mince pies and crackers for my centrepieces, full xmas decorations in the venue, santa giving gifts to the youngsters at the reception. lots of twinkles and sparkles Smiley smile Decided against favours in the end but we were going to give personalised baubles. Theres so much you can do!!!

• Navy_girl
    Beginner
    Navy_girl ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married this Dec 2 weeks before christmas! Have tried to stay away from obvious christmas stuff as didn't want reception to feel like a christmas party. Have gone for snow flake theme. Bridesmaids are wearing midnight blue. Plus we've got candles as center pieces and on all the window ledges in church! Hoping for twinkle on the day. x

• F
    Beginner
    f1karen ·
    • Hide content

If you are looking for anything personalised such as candles for table decs, or baubles....let me know as starting to make unique gifts.

Karen xx

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

If your still looking for stationery, I have just done a gorgeous red, white andblack snowflake themed set which could be altered to incorporate grey

You can check out more designs at www.inspiremedesigns.co.uk or on my facebook page

If you'd like more information please do let me know.

Nat

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

For a snowflake theme:

http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/bracelets_occasion.html

Bridesmaid band http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=166964203325769&set=a.162297803792409.32809.109659329056257

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I am having a snowflake and blue winter wedding at the end of the month. Mine is certainly winter though and not Christmas.

We have touches everywhere- lots of fairylights, snowflake stationary and favours, I have snowflake jewellery from Lynseys Designs, twig and crystal centrepieces, bare white twig trees in the ceremony room etc

Here's a taster-

https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/p/205531/2027344.aspx#2027344

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics