Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2018

Field to hire or venues with outdoor space in Bucks

HappyRedBridesmaid664, 2 of August of 2016 at 12:24 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all,

Recently newbie engaged lady over here! All very exciting but I'm struggling a bit with venues in Bucks.

I want to have our reception outdoors which obviously means a marquee which is absolutely fine but I can't find places that aren't ridiculous and also will allow us to have the numbers we want. A lot of places are capping it at 150 but realistically with evening guests, we are talking more like 200.

We have an option at my friend's house but I'd like to look at alternative solutions. Does anyone know of any land/fields or big houses that hire our their land to weddings etc?

Thanks

Anna

4 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsPayne, 5 of August of 2016 at 21:47
  • C
    Beginner September 2017
    ConcreteCowBride ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts in Bucks are you looking? I think Claydon House (National Trust) does marquees and it is a beautiful setting. Just over the border in Oxfordshire is Poundon House which definitely does. Chicheley Hall also does them but it might be rather expensive...

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

I think I read somewhere that the Festival Brides website have a land hire directory which might be worth checking out.

• F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsTz ·
    • Hide content

We live on the Beds/Bucks border and one place we found whilst looking for our venue was Huntsmill Farm near Buckingham. Might be a bit on the small side though (think it might be up to 150 people).

I'm sure as well I came across a place near Aylesbury which was land owned by a charity where you could rent the land then have the option of having a marquee too. I'm desperately scouring google for the name! Argh wish I could remember what it's called!

Update - said charity land is the Clare Foundation in Saunderton Smiley smile called 'The Meadow'

• E
    Beginner May 2017
    Ellensmummy ·
    • Hide content

Hey, my Mum works at The Natural History Museum in Tring. They have a big field behind the museum next to the overflow carpark. They had a wedding reception there recently with marquee. Not sure on cost but would be cheaper than some other options and nice alternative setting x

• FutureMrsPayne
    Beginner September 2016
    FutureMrsPayne ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried Missenden Abbey? We looked round it and they had a beautiful marquee set up that you walk straight into from the main house, seemed pretty big to me and they might do even bigger ones x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics