Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner August 2013

Filling mini jars with sweets - Favours - help please x

*PrincessMeMa*, 11 of June of 2013 at 11:59 Posted on Planning 0 5

We're looking to fill mini jam jars with sweets, but not sure how many I should buy

I was thinking about getting personalised M&M's but think they may work out expensive... does anyone know how many would fit in a 45ml Jam jar (4cm x 5cm) - jars are at my mums, and she's on holiday for two weeks, so unable to check

Or the other option was Jelly Beans - again not sure how many to buy

We have 45 jars to fill x

5 replies

Latest activity by *Ducky*, 11 of June of 2013 at 14:17
  • W
    Beginner October 2013
    Wenchinson ·
    • Hide content

Read on another forum that personalised m & m's were quite expensive.

What about marshmallows?

You'd get about 3 jars to a big bag (accurated measured using a ruler :p) and would be relatively cheap and you could get stickers for the front of your jars to make them more personal x

• missmac13
    Beginner July 2013
    missmac13 ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea if there is a more mathematical process to figuring out but could you not make a demo out of paper or buy another small jar with the same dimensions fill it with m & ms then weigh the amount in g then x by 45 this would give you the rough amount for what you need.

I wasn't the greatest at maths in school but this is what I would do. Maybe someone can come up with a better solution.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Depending on timescales surely the easiest thing to do is wait until your mum is back from holiday then buy a bag or normal M&Ms and a bag of jelly beans see how many you need to fill the jar?

Or if you are struggling timewise buy another jar the same size and test it

• Legs_2013
    Beginner April 2013
    Legs_2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ya

I did this for my wedding favors, I filled 40 jars in total and just brough a selection of sweets around 5 share bag sizes in total.. included love hearts harribos jelly tots ect.. Includign the small amount that was eaten while preparing the this was just enough to fill all jars,

You can allways buy more if you need them Smiley smile x

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

That sound the perfect way to find out---Obviously you would then throw away the "test" m&ms ?

This would be 3x3 m&ms = 9 x 5 layers if you placed them =45

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Buy chosen jar/box/pot (or several to test which you prefer).

Place pot on digital cooking scales, zero it, fill to desired level with chosen sweets (normal M&Ms , pick n mix), note how much it takes to fill a pot. Times that figure by 45 (or 50 to be safe). Buy that many sweets.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics