Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Firefly0410
Beginner October 2018

Filling out a large venue space

Firefly0410, 23 of November of 2016 at 13:17 Posted on Planning 0 4

I think we've picked out venue (Ashbourne Hotel near Grimsby if anyone has been), and we love it, only problem is we're wondering if we won't have enough guests! We're looking at a total of about 40 guests including both of us so a fairly small wedding, and the hall where you both eat and then have the evening reception isn't massive but its still a decent size and would fit 100 guests.

SO we're trying to think of how to fill the rest of the space. I've thought of putting out sweet table at the back, along with a decorated table for the post box but they arn't going to fill much space!

4 replies

Latest activity by Firefly0410, 26 of November of 2016 at 16:55
  • L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

The good news is you won't need to 'turn the room around'. You could have a dedicated 'day' half of the room, and then the 'evening' half of the room where the DJ/band sets up and with the dancefloor. You wouldn't need to move any tables or chairs and could just go straight into the evening party without that awkward in-between time when everyone is milling about not knowing what to do. Are you having more guests in the evening?

Or you could bring some comfy sofas in and have an informal relaxation area. Or maybe set up a photobooth area with a backdrop and some fun props and dressing up things. The cake will need to go somewhere too, unless you're having that with your post box etc.

x

• Firefly0410
    Beginner October 2018
    Firefly0410 ·
    • Hide content

I might look at prices for a photobooth, that sounds fun!

Unfortunately how the venue is set up means we do need to remove the tables for the evening do, as the top table with a fairylight backdrop and thrones goes at the very end where the dance floor is, and the cake goes up there two as they have a fancy mirror behind it. There is also a private bar area with comfy seats so no need for sofas.

I'll look into the photobooth though, there was one at a wedding fayre I went to last weekend but I didn't go check it out =(

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I saw something quite cool as a slight alternative to a photo booth at a wedding fayre recently - I am so tempted! It is a 'Magic Selfie Mirror' as opposed to a photobooth. It's basically a big mirror which a bunch of people can stand in front of & then it takes your photo. You are a little less restricted in the number of people you can fit into the photos, as it isn't in an enclosed space. I know that some booths impose number restrictions & I have even had one turn round & say that you can't use it if you've been drinking!

Your venue sounds lovely Smiley smile

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

What about a bouncy castle or a bull riding thing? I forget what they call those! You sit on it and try to stay on.

• Firefly0410
    Beginner October 2018
    Firefly0410 ·
    • Hide content

There isnt THAT much space. And we're kind of going for quite a posh (or at least very middle class) vibe so it wouldn't really fit with the rest of the day! Plus champagne and bull riding cannot end well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics