Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria

Filling the gap

Elizabeth, 15 of October of 2022 at 20:59 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi all,

I’m getting married next October in the Lakes and my partner and I will be going off site for a couple of hours with our photographer for pictures around the lake and fells, etc. There’ll be a gap of about 3-4 hours from the end of the wedding breakfast to the first dance to accommodate for this.
We’re having a small wedding, only 25 guests who are all close friends and immediate family and we’re hiring the whole venue to ourselves. All guests are staying and have their own bedrooms plus there’s a bar and a couple of lounges. I’m so paranoid about people having a good time and not being bored. If you were a guest filling that time, do you think you’d want some kind of entertainment? One day I’m like we definitely need to put entertainment on and the next I’m like well they’ve got a bar, lounges and their own rooms to go to so they’ll probably be fine.
Please help ease my overthinking mind!

4 replies

Latest activity by Elizabeth, 18 of October of 2022 at 19:21
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    As a guest as long as I knew there was a 3-4hr “free time” in the itinerary, I’d be fine with it. As it’s a small wedding I’d hopefully know enough people there to catch up for a few hours, if not I’d probably go and change into something else and go for a walk for a couple of hours. Either way, as long as I knew, I’d sort myself out.

If you want to and have the funds you could put like some sort of music act or games on for a couple of hours as a nice touch, but it really wouldn’t be a necessity.
    Hope that helps, and hope you have a magical big day! Smiley smile
  • L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content
    I agree that as long as you let people know in advance it should be fine. If you're getting married somewhere as beautiful as the Lakes you definitely need to make the most of the scenery!! Let everyone know, leave them to their own devices, and it'll be fine Smiley smile
  • K
    Savvy September 2023 East Sussex
    Kyla ·
    • Hide content
    As a guest, I'd appreciate a heads up well in advance! Provide enough food, drink and be clear on times and mostly people are happy.
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    Lovely, thank you very much all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics