Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Film themed ideas

20 of June of 2013 at 15:33 Posted on Planning 0 5

So, we are trying to have a movie-theme running through the wedding without it being too Hollywood star-tacky!

So far we have come up with the save the dates (which we have just sent out - squuuuuuueeeeeeeee!)

Favours will double up as place names (two birds/one stone and all that!)

Table plan -

Cake -without the feathers - courtesy of my mum

And the order of the days we are going to have a different movie star on each one (numbered) then have a quiz later on on who the star was and what the movie was?!

Save the dates/invites/order of the days and table plan I have done/will do all myself in photoshop to save a bit of cash!

What do you think? Not too OTT is it?!

5 replies

Latest activity by chefscib, 17 of September of 2014 at 05:37
  • P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content

I love the Glam ness of it all - all you need now is a red carpet and velvet rope - and an old style flash bulb TOG - too much? ok i behave

Please say your having that - it would be epic

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Definitely not OTT! I love it! Especially the Save the Dates and place names.

Are you doing anything else movie themed at all? :-)

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I think there's a retro cinema you can get married, but I guess you'll already have your venue! I would say what about red carpet for the entrance? And I think if you're not having a videographer you could get one and do some sort of stylised wedding video, not sure if those exist but I feel it should do, like a black and white silent film with the text screen for the vows haha! I don't think it's OTT,

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

I think that's a great idea, you could definitely put some old black and white movies in the conservatory, or even better try and make your own black and white movie?!

I'm doing 1920s themed for my birthday this year, and my plan is to film a silent movie throughout summer of myself, friends, family etc. then have it play at the party (hopefully on a projector if I can get one!)

You could always do something like that if you have the time. Just rent an old style film camera and do your own short film. I'm planning to make mine quite documentary and hopefully I'll get a shot of everyone who I plan to invite to the party so it's a nice little surprise for everyone. Or, as you said, maybe just have old black and white movies in the background if you don't have the time to film your own Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner
    chefscib ·
    • Hide content

Hello. I am a baking and pastry student and am trying to make a cake similar to the one with the film and bow on top. Can you pleaseeeee tell me how you made the film??

Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics