Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bliss_balloons

Final meeting with venue

bliss_balloons , 9 of June of 2015 at 12:37 Posted on Planning 0 7

I haven't booked this yet but time is fast approaching when I'm going to need to! I've got an idea of a few questions to ask but feel like I should have spreadsheets or lists to give to them. We're doing most of the setting up the day before so I don't need to show them how I want it done. Can anyone think of anything to go through with them that I've probably forgotten?

7 replies

Latest activity by bliss_balloons , 9 of June of 2015 at 15:37
  • AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely bring some lists with you so you have something to refer back to.

I haven't done this yet but I would imagine you need to cover at least:

- Timings (any specific actions required at particular times).

- Layout of rooms (especially if a piece of furniture is being added or a room is being turned).

- Any special dietary requirements.

From my recent experience, make sure you take your own notes from the meeting and email them confirming any changes/actions required.

Good luck! I hope it goes well!

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Also, if you haven't already done this, take with you a list of all your suppliers so that they can all liaise with each other.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^WSS

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Do you have sole use? If they're proving the catering you'll need to fully understand how it's all costed.mdrink? Are they providing or can you provide your own, if so what about corkage charges. Favours, do they charge corkage if you give alcohol favours, some venues apparently charge if your favours are edible!!

what time is chucking out time? Is their accommodation on site, if so is there a discounted rate etc.

tell us more about the venue and what you know, then we can give better advice Smiley winking

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, hadn't thought of some of these. Pammy, it's a hotel with exclusive use, we're going the day before to decorate then I'm staying over with my mum and bridesmaid it includes all food and drink and a d.j. Favours are sweets. Smiley smile

I need to ask them if they will decorate our cheese cake and how it's going to be served. Also need to ask them to put out the garden games and there's a few dietry requirements that I need to give them. Suppliers wise we only have a tog and hair and makeup lady but I'll take those details with me. ?

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

I've got mine at the end of the month and the only thing I have so far is to bring my ipod with the playlists on it just to have a check it works in their system (as we're providing background music for wedding breakfast and drinks reception). I'm also bringing something i'm DIYing that's half finished as need to check the height against the table it will be standing on - could this be anything similar for you? - find the exact tables you want to place guest book/cake/quirky wedding signs on?

I'll also be checking they're ok to set up an arrow sign outside the venue driveway - sure they will be, but technically it's outside of the venue room. Is there an event on the next day which could hinder you collecting all your bits?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bliss, should have realised Smiley winking

I'd just clarify time for carriages, prearranged taxis perhaps?

What restrictions do they have, if any, And what they need from you and when. oh confetti?

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're providing music as well, I was going to make a cd, didn't think to check if they have an ipod doc! Also didn't think to ask when we need to collect everything up, thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics