Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Beginner March 2026 Merseyside

Finally booked our venue!!

Megan, 23 of January of 2024 at 15:07 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hi everyone!

Me and my FOH have finally booked our wedding venue and registrar for March 2026! I am so excited to finally start the planning….but don’t want to get ahead of myself planning everything right now, as it is still 2 years away!!
Is there anything I could be doing now?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

8 replies

Latest activity by Hampshire Wedding Photographer, 22 of March of 2024 at 12:44
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Megan!!! 2 years isn’t long away! Book all your main things in the coming months. Your photographer may likely already be booked. We got engaged July 2022 and had all the main things booked by January 2023 and now it’s 6 months away! So if there is specific people you already know you want for your big day I would contact them now, but if you don’t, don’t stress. You’re going to have the best fun. Wedding dress. I went a year in advance and my dress was 8 months to make although it came in 4. On a personal note I wouldn’t be looking at decor/colours now as we went with orange in the beginning now it’s totally different. Bridal party, we asked them a year ago now. Don’t ask people right now and spread out all the excitement! For example, we still haven’t asked people to be page boys. Be sure. But we both always knew who we wanted. And most importantly, everyone will have an opinion on your big day!!! No matter how wonderful they are!!! Don’t let it eat at you and take comments like a pinch of salt! Enjoy! 😬
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with PPs to start looking at vendors now, especially photographers. It's not as likely to be an issue getting married in March as it would be if you were getting married in the summer, but there's still the chance of the person you want getting booked up on your wedding day, so the sooner you have the main people booked the better.

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Smiley smile we are getting married in Feb 2025 work out what your non negotiables are for your special day. Think about catering your guest list. Work out and stick to your budget!!🎊
  • Grace
    Beginner May 2024 Essex
    Grace ·
    • Hide content

In terms of the BIG things (venue/caterer, photographer/videographer, florist etc), I would say there is no such thing as 'too' early - especially wedding dress as the lead times to make them can be LONG (I went and found my dress back in may/June last year (2023) and it has only just arrived this month!) As previously mentioned in this thread, these things get booked up SO quickly so better to be safe than sorry! Anything else like decorations, wedding signs etc can wait until 6-12 months before.

Also I agree with Shay to spread things out - I went in HEAVY with planning/booking when I first got engaged and then the initial excitement fizzled out and I was left feeling a bit 'meh' for a good few months as there wasn't much else for me to do until I got closer to the wedding.

ALSO, I agree with Shay when they say people will have an opinion on EVERYTHING so please remember this is YOUR day and you should have it how you and your fiancé want. Setting boundaries on this is healthy and will be so much better your your mental health if you do (and I speak from experience haha!)

Good luck with the planning and hope you have the wedding of your dreams!!!!! Smiley heart

• K
    Beginner October 2025 Somerset
    Kerry1703 ·
    • Hide content

Many congrats to you and your partner for setting a date. I agree with all comments here; book the most important things to you. Last year my partner and I finally decided our wedding is going to take place in Oct 2025 and we've booked our venue, a photographer/videographer to ensure our date was secured. I was disappointed that my regular hairdresser isn't able to do my hair/makeup but I have found a lovely lady who I can't wait to start working with. Catering is going to be provided by our venue and our wedding cake my mother in law to be has volunteered to make it so I've requested a small wedding cake to cut (2 tiers minimum) and the rest will be made of cupcakes and other dessert items so at least the cake doesn't eat into our budget.

Recently I've began to collect people's addresses' so we can send out save the dates as my other half and I have decided on a design and colour scheme we like we're doing blues/gold (looks amazing) there's also nothing wrong with creating a pinterest mood board as well to get some inspiration which myself and my maid of honour have been adding to.

Best of luck with your planning and hope it all goes well Smiley heart

• Leanne
    Savvy June 2024 Staffordshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    I’d say definitely look around at places etc , get information and prices . It’s not too early . It may sound it but 2 years isn’t that long in the wedding business . I got engaged July 2022 , initially wanted to get married June 2023 went looking at venues in August 2022, our venue was completely booked for 2023 ! We even had to compromise for June 2024 and chosen a different Saturday as 2024 was soon filling up . We even booked photographers etc early and all other things about 18 months in advance, maybe even longer . Trust me it really does soon come around . It’s also been good though too as it’s been less stress getting it organised in time , so been a lot less worry in all aspects . Enjoy looking around and getting a feel , utilise that you do have some time to your advantage . Wishing you the best of luck and congratulations xx
  • S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    Yay congratulations!! I’m so glad you have 2 years, I gave myself a year and 4 months and I feel like it wasn’t long enough Smiley sad

Go to wedding fairs!! You’ve got lots of time to look around and not confirm anything so it’s a great way to meet vendors and see what’s out there without making any commitments and having sales people be too pushy. It really got my head into the right space for things and realised what we definitely didn’t need / want.
    I’d start with the photographer for sure and then really enjoy planning Smiley smile
  • Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

As a wedding photographer, I would suggest to have a look now at photographers. Most photographers (including myself) are booked nearly 3 years in advance and your wedding date could be a popular date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics