Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Finally decided on our venue - Kos it is!

annie2000, 12 May, 2011 at 19:01 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 25

After looking at Cameo Island we are now planning to get married on St Stefanos Island which is just off Kefalos in Kos. Have found a wedding planner (Kos island weddings) who sounds great, offering us an excellent package for a great price. The little chapel on the island looks so lovely, will get married there then head back to Kefalos for a reception at a beach front reception. Am so excited! On the downside we aren;'t getting married until August 2013 by the time we save up for it, really dont want to wait that long, but hey ho.

Has anyone else been married in the same place, or used Kos Island Weddings (seperate company from Kos Weddings, gets a bit confusing with them all having such similar names). Any info/feedback appreciated

thanks

25 replies

Latest activity by Kassy01, 7 July, 2011 at 20:38
  • luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

!

Hi Annie2000,

Not got any information about Kos or your wedding planner, but just wanted to say 'Congrats' on booking your wedding! We booked our wedding on Cameo Island last September to get married in September 2012! Two years in advance. Plus side is we've got time to save up for it! It can't come quick enough though- i know just how you are feeling!

Kerri

x

• carrollove
    carrollove ·
    • Hide content

what is special about this island besides its obvious beauty is that you can privatise the beach area for your wedding.

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairesbear69 ·
    • Hide content

Just came across your post, I too am getting married in Kos also in 2013!! We have decided to go for Kefalos the same as you as we saw it on the TV; I think that Kos Island Weddings featured on that wedding planner show. We are going with Exquisite Kos Weddings as they are the only company who are official......we did our research too and heard some scary things about using a wedding planner without a licence? Did anyone tell you these things? Also would love to know (privately) what you are paying and what you got for your money.....hee hee maybe we should compare quotes lol xx

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire,

I didnt know about the licence thing, i must admit as our package offers all the legalities that are needed in greece, translations of certificates etc that i just assumed it was all above board. WIll definately be checking that out with our company - havent booked anything yet.

Would be very interested to swap notes on our packages, will message you privately.

thanks

• H
    Beginner
    heathleah ·
    • Hide content

Automated Forex System Trading Automated Forex Trading Forex Trading Tips
  • C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairesbear69 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

On our wedding planners web site it says apart from the legal requirements for the marriage that

"Greek Law requires that all independent Wedding Planners must be registered with the Greek National Tourism Organisation and hold the relevant license called EOT. Our company is fully covered and insured by the EOT license giving you that little extra peace of mind to enjoy your special day"

we saw this on some other ones too for other islands so we picked this one to be safe! is it possible to email each other privately, I am sooo curious what quote you got lol!!

Hope to hear off you soon x

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Kos is beautiful.....I love the greek islands. We got married in Santorini, which was fantastic.

All the best with your planning ?

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire

Have sent you a private message, please look out for it

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairesbear69 ·
    • Hide content

Annie, I can't find your message....where do I look??? x

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi claire

i have just sent you another email via your hitched profile page, i think perhaps you need to check the email address you signed up to hitched with? let me know if you get it

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairesbear69 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya Annie,

I have been checking my email regularly but there is nothing there Smiley sad my email address is the same as my name but with at googlemail dot com so can you send it to me direct? I do hope we can make contact soon.

Claire x

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire

I have emailed you directly, hopefully you will get this one Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairesbear69 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya got the email, will sit down later and reply to you x

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    Kassy01 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, i was really excited when i saw your post about Kos. Me and my H2B are also looking at getting married on St Stefanos. I have just started looking for companies that offer this package, but as yet i dont seem to be having much luck.

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kassy

nice to "meet" you, it seems that St Stefanos is a very popular venue Smiley smile

I'm surprised that Joy hasn't given you a firm quote yet, she came back to me with a package/price within a couple of days, when did you contact her?

We could book now, she has outlined the payment plan but we are just holding fire until we go to Kefalos for a week this July for me to see the venues and meet her, and possibly one or two other planners, although to be honest her price has been the best so far, with the most inclusive package.

Other planners that I contacted were Ionian Weddings, Exquisite greek weddings, Kos weddings, there are a few of them on Kos.

When is your wedding?

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    Kassy01 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Annie, nice to meet you too. I first email Joy 20th May. She came back with some information which was fab but when i asked about prices for she said it was too early to give firm quotes for 2013. How many people are you planning on bringing out to Kos with you for the wedding. Have you discussed reception details?

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kassy

Joy has given us what I consider to be a definate quote, but after reading your message I have just emailed her to check that there wont be any increase, its never been mentioned and there'sa not a lot of room in our budget so i really hope not!

We are taking 30 people, as thats what the package includes. I've had a full breakdown of inclusions if you would like me to send it to you? We had the option of the BBQ on the private beach on the island for the reception or a kefalos beachfront restaurant. We are going to go for the 3 course meal with entertainment in a Kefalos restaurant option, as my OH has been there a few times and apparently the private beach has quite a problem with wasps etc.

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    Kassy01 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, yeah worth just checking, were the same we have a budget and cant be adding a few hundred extra on in 2 years. If you wouldnt mind sending me your breakdown that would be fab as my numbers and requests sound to pretty much be the same. Thanks for the heads up about the private beach cos we were looking at that. I'll look out for your private message.

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kassy

Still couldn't PM you for some reason, but have sent you an email, let me know if you get it

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairesbear69 ·
    • Hide content

We have booked this package on Kastri Islet and I have been chatting with Annie re our weddings, are you also going to get married there? How amazing if there are 3 of us? If you want to know anything about what I was quoted then contact me and I will let you know any details. Claire

• C
    Beginner October 2012
    crissy73 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all Congrats on your wedding dates, ive booked through Kos Island Weddings for September 2012, just back from Kos and met Joy while there again to pay our deposit, i couldnt be happier with the pachage she if offering us and cant wait to be back in Kos in 14 weeks time absololutely love it there x

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Crissy

Congrats to you too Smiley winking would be very interested to hear any info you can give me on Kos Island weddings, and the venues they showed you, are you getting married on Kastri Island?

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairesbear69 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies, am really excited as off to Kos tomorrow for 2 weeks holiday with H2B and we are going to meet our wedding planners and visit Kastri and the place for our reception.....we can report back wen we return xx

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Have a great time claire!

• C
    Beginner October 2012
    crissy73 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Annie sorry for the late reply thought i had added this to favourites then couldnt find it lol, we are getting married on kasstri island then off to marias fro dinner,finishing off at chrysoula our apartments for the last 6 years fro sing song that way when peeps get tired they can all go back to their rooms xx

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    Kassy01 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Crissy sounds perfect. Were off out to Kos in Aug to meet wedding planners. Rekon it be worth meeting Joy? I did email but not really had a great deal of info back

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics