Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner December 2016

Finding a hair and makeup artist

IceBlue, 23 of November of 2015 at 12:10 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

So the wedding isn't until next next December but I haven't yet found a hair and make up artist(s) and I'm starting to panic. How do I go about finding one? I've seen a couple at wedding fairs and online there seems to be endless listings. How do I find a good one? I'm based in the Durham / Chester le street area if anyone has any recommendations .

thank you x

5 replies

Latest activity by Tidal Wave, 24 of November of 2015 at 10:50
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I think the only way you know is by a trial. Do you have a regular hairdresser that could do your hair? I would check reviews and book a trial with one that's highly recommended

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

There is a company called Beauty Call who are a national based company that have professional hair and makeup artists all over the UK.

Might be worth giving them a call.

From memory i think its about £250 for hair and makeup and it includes your trial.

Good luck!

x

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Ask your photographer or other suppliers. Folk in the wedding industry all seem to know each other so they may be able to suggest something. Do you know anybody else who has gotten married in your area? A personal recommendation is always useful.

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I just did my research online for my make up artist, my cousin is my hairdresser & is doing my hair on the day. I googled wedding make up artists in Manchester and looked at websites, testimonials, before & after photos etc, I emailed around 10-15 and judged them really based a little on price, but mainly on professionalism. I am so happy with the one I found/picked, albeit I haven't had a trial yet!

• I
    Beginner December 2016
    IceBlue ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I've only recently moved to the area and so don't know many people apart from the OH. I dye my own hair and rarely have it cut so don't have any go to hairdresser. I will check out those mentioned and get in touch with my TOG, decorator and cake maker and see if they can suggest anyone.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I had this struggle recently, and someone recommend Beauty Call, and I've had nothing but professionalism from them.

Otherwise I have found the hitched listed suppliers very good, apart from the make up/hair, almost everything else has been found through the suppliers. So definitely worth a look. Good luck x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics