Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Monica
Beginner June 2025 West Yorkshire

Finding a venue - Budget

Monica, 17 of January of 2024 at 22:23 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi,

We have just started planning our wedding and already feeling overwhelmed.

Our first step is to try to find a venue, but we are really struggling to find places where it's actually affordable.
Our idea is to get some external catering in with some Spanish food (as I am Spanish, I would love to bring some of my culture in). However, we are struggling to find a venue that will accept external catering and that it's also affordable. Most places they just offer their own packages with their own catering menu included.
We have a limited budget, so I would like to know if its actually possible to have a wedding for a max of £5000?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

4 replies

Latest activity by Sandie, 28 of January of 2024 at 11:57
  • Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

For ceremony I would suggest having it in a town hall/registry office that is your cheapest option. I would also suggest having less people present too (just immediate family) as that would affect the price. Having it on a weekday would also help you save some money rather than it being on a Saturday or Friday.

For the reception I would suggest searching for dry hire venues in your area. Council halls/venues are also affordable options, they charge per hour. Hiring Airbnb is also another option and having an outdoor wedding. However, you will have to consider that if you do hire an Airbnb or dry hire venue you will need to probably hire a lot of additional things (tables, chairs, dishes, cutlery, glasses and all of that, so it can be costly). Also if you do end up wanting an outdoors wedding you will need a backup plan in case of rain, so having to hire a tent. Another option is having your reception in a Spanish restaurant, however not sure if you will have any around you. If there aren't any Spanish restaurants available, host it in your favourite one, or in a restaurant with special meaning to both of you.

Having a smaller budget makes you think outside the box for sure. I would recommend you also reading some articles on planning 5k weddings too.

Don't stress too much, do what you can with your budget and remember not all weddings have to be the same. Hope this helps.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

How many people are you wanting to invite?

I agree with Ivana that it might be easier to have your ceremony at a registry office and then look at room/hall hire for your reception. Or, if you have a small number of guests, look at booking a function room in a restaurant or pub.

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

Having a wedding out of season months can help with cost as well.

We are getting married in February if we went with another month the price of our venue triples. We are only having a small number of guests best of luck! Smiley smile

• Sandie
    Beginner August 2024 Kent
    Sandie ·
    • Hide content
    Our budget is £5000, we got our venue for £400 but we looked at lots of venues first.
    Our is in a hall and we are using outside caterers. Look for a function room maybe in a pub.

Hope this helpsSandie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics