Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2013

Fingerprint trees

FMG, 7 of March of 2013 at 16:24 Posted on Planning 0 14

I really like the look of fingerprint trees instead of a guest book but when I showed OH he said 'Do you really want people with inky fingers near you when you are wearing a white dress?' Fair point! What I wanted to know is if anybody has had or if anybody is going to have one of these and how they are getting around the messy issue? Thanks X

14 replies

Latest activity by mum-wants-a-hat, 8 of March of 2013 at 17:48
  • *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I also like the sound of these. How about having some facial wipes next to the fingerprint tree so that people can clean their fingers after using the ink pads?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

If you have not seen it yet here is a pic of a tree from one of my weddings, I posted it on another thread

And they used baby wipes - you can see them in the picture

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

My Dad is painting us one. I've been looking into small, washable inkpads but find that the info is very vague on each one I've looked at. There are some washable kids ones but they are handprint size, so too big for what I was really after. I will be putting wipes out but still worry about potential staining. I even asked dad (retired police force-stepmum still in the force) what colour they use for criminal fingerprinting- I'm sooooo behind the times as it's all digital there now!! So, I'm probably going to make my own pads using acrylic paints (diluted a bit) and some microfibre gauze... Hopefully it will work and we won't end up with too much mess. Worst case scenario, the leaves will be white and silver on a grey background, so they fit my colourscheme anyway lol!

• F
    Beginner October 2014
    FutureMrsFellows ·
    • Hide content

We have found we like that we are going to try and re create. We are using a black outline for the tree then blue fingerprints to fit our theme. we will put wet wipes on the table and a set of rules.

rules will be like:

- only one thumb print per person

- only around the tree not in it

- use a wet wipe after

• F
    Beginner October 2014
    FutureMrsFellows ·
    • Hide content

We have found we like that we are going to try and re create. We are using a black outline for the tree then blue fingerprints to fit our theme. we will put wet wipes on the table and a set of rules.

rules will be like:

- only one thumb print per person

- only around the tree not in it

- use a wet wipe after

me and the OH are planning to do our thumb prints at the bottom of the tree in the root part

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

We had one for our sons Christening, we put a pack of baby wipes next to the tree and a bin underneath. The ink comes straight off, don't worry. Were having one for our wedding too x

• wishfulwhispers
    Beginner July 2013
    wishfulwhispers ·
    • Hide content

I really want one of these but the mothership has said that no one will do it nicely and it will just be an inky mess of slipped finger prints.

for anyone thats had one - did any of the fingerprints get smudged and does it ruin the effect of the whole thing? all the pictures online are obviously of perfect ones

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

We're having one!

I'm stationing a BM next to it, to tell people 'how to do it' (ie only one finger print), and will then have wet wipes on hand to dish our to each person so they can wipe it off straight away! I will off having photo's done at this point, so not worried about being around inky people. We also only have 6 kids coming, so I'm sure the adults wont be wondering around with inky fingers!!

xx

• Hide content

The pictures I have posted are all from a real wedding
    I think that you may be over engineering it a little, look at my other post picture in this thread - it is surrounded by kids, although the picture was taken at about its half way point it is not a smudged mess, but if it was then that's the point , its real. The Bride and Grooms prints are the first ones on it that I think were done at another time at home.
    I'm not sure that acrylic would be any better as the ink dries very quick, the messiest time for the ink is when it is being cleaned off the fingers and it is thinned down and all over the fingers and stays wet on the wipe,
    Keep it on a lowish table so that kids can get to it easily as its when you have accidents when they are struggling to reach.
    Keep the wipes/ cleaning area away from the tree as you can see from my other picture they have the wipes right next to the tree, to easily to drop an inky wet wipe on to it .
    Your Bridesmaid might be needed for those pictures, and what a rubbish job to be given when she wants to be outside mingling having fun. You dont need a guard just put a sign up telling people what to do and if they see your print ready done they will get the idea.
    Close up picture -- click and enlarge

• wishfulwhispers
    Beginner July 2013
    wishfulwhispers ·
    • Hide content

Thats deffinately settled my nerves about it. My mum thinks it'll come out more like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_njw2EeuBb8s/TNnqyGvo0zI/AAAAAAAAR-4/FUE7M253JkY/s1600/Hand+%26+Finger+Print+Tree.jpg which would obviously not be the desired effect haha but i think she missed the point of it

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

I definitely feel a bit better about it now, I just need to get OH on side but he is a bit OCD!!!

• Hide content

wishfulwhispers

Thats deffinately settled my nerves about it. My mum thinks it'll come out more like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_njw2EeuBb8s/TNnqyGvo0zI/AAAAAAAAR-4/FUE7M253JkY/s1600/Hand+%26+Finger+Print+Tree.jpg which would obviously not be the desired effect haha but i think she missed the point of it

Hmm

Ok one more tip - make sure that it is done and out of the way before the eve do, otherwise you will end up with drunk usher, bum prints on it. !

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

Haha! Good tip!!! This would defo happen with my mates!!!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL need a like button!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics