Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2007

Fiona Phillips on Question Time last night...grrr!

alison76, 5 June, 2009 at 08:43 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

She started off quite promisingly but then began spouting inane drivel.

And when the question of MMR came up she offered the immortal words....."so if the link between autism and MMR is unproven, how do we know the MMR jab is proven to work" or words to that effect.

She kept trying to shout over the top of Paddy Ashdown (erudite and informative and witty) and generally looking like a child at a grown-up discussion.

Why do they book these people? And apparently Gordon Brown offered her a job in the government - anyone know what it waS?

5 replies

Latest activity by Roobarb, 5 June, 2009 at 16:26
  • neffi
    Beginner January 2012
    neffi ·
    • Hide content

I only caught her comments on the MMR which were jenni like in their awfulness.Basically she was just trying to say that despite the medical evidence her anectodal stories were what people should be listening to.

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

I didn't see it, but I can't stand the woman whatever she is on. She is thick and opinionated - a terrible combination.

• Zebra
    Beginner
    Zebra ·
    • Hide content

So glad I didn't watch this or I'd have put my fist through the TV.

There should be a basic intelligence, logic test for participants on QT.

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

What's worse is that Jane and Joe Bloggs will listen to people like her (in the public eye) instead of believing the evidence, which makes me even more convinced that it should be compulsory.

Raaaaaaah, I hate her!

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

minister for stoooopidity? he has ministers for everything else...well, the ones who are still there.

her 'people whos fifteen month old suddenly has autism after getting the MMR' was singurlarly helpful wasn't it?

the doctor in the audience was a bit of a clown too, you'd think he'd've said more in favour of the MMR

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But then, he's probably fed up of telling the stoopids till he's blue in the face that there's no link between MMR and autism and they don't listen.

Liam Fox did make a couple of decent points but when FP started wittering on about how she knows people whose child became autistic after MMR and they are convinced it was caused by MMR he could have piped in that they were wrong, frankly. He didn't put it that strongly.

She drove me bonkers though. When she was saying "it's not fair to deny these children (ie ones whose parents think they developed autism as a result of MMR an education" well, they're not getting denied - they've had the vaccination after all! And then when she said "where is the evidence in favour of MMR?" what you mean the fact it is proven to prevent the spread of those diseases, and that it's the most well researched vaccine there is, as opposed to one muppet who has now been totally discredited?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics