Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

VikingPrincess
Beginner December 2011

Fir tree branches supliers...

VikingPrincess, 8 May, 2010 at 19:46 Posted on Planning 0 5

We want to decorate the venue with fir branches so that the smell is fresh and winter-ish throughout and naturally. I would needs absolutely loads of fragrant pine / fir branches to do an arch for the ceremony and decorate even the aisle as on both sides of the aisle like a runner all the way to "altar"... Any ideas where i could get this? I was thinking B&Q when they start selling live Xmas trees as i have noticed every year they have tons of stuff that's broken from Xmas trees etc... Or shall i speak to the florist / venue? Seeing as it's a venue in middle of acres of land and woods...

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by VikingPrincess, 9 May, 2010 at 12:22
  • VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, Jane - good idea! I live in north Leeds, West Yorkshire. The venue won't change as deposit is paid - it's a stately home...

Really good idea! Thanks!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you would be wanting your florist to do the arranging for you, I would leave it for her/him to source the materials for you. This way, they can work out how much you would need and order everything in one go from the wholesale market which would probably end up being cheaper than B & Q anyway. If you are doing all the arrangements yourself, it's just a question of working out what sort of arrangements you would like and how much you would need. Word of warning though... pine is hell on your hands when you are arranging it! You could end up with deep cuts on your fingers and broken nails before your wedding! One of the reasons why us florists hate the Christmas period in shops... all that prickly holly and pine - ouch Smiley sad

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww now you've done it! I feel sorry for whomever ends up as our florist! But I see what you mean - those wouldn't be too nice piccies of the bride's hands... LOL

• M
    Marilyn ·
    • Hide content

I agree with rainbow florist if your florist is doing the decoration they will supply the pine for you. The best one for coverage and smell is Blue Pine which we use for Christmas garlands etc BUT it is hell on the hands, they bebome black, sticky cut to ribbons with black and broken findgernails etc. so not a good look for wedding party or guests!

Christmas tree branches will be spindlier than the blue pine which is thicker and lusher so it depends what look you want to achieve.

Florists can also make / spply really lush blue pine garlands, not cheap but gorgeouus!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks - that's really useful to know... It's ironic - in Romania, where I am originally from,the pine garlands are the cheapest possible decoration! That's why i probably thought it would be cheaper...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics