Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Knees
VIP August 2012

First Aid Kits

Knees, 14 May, 2012 at 15:13 Posted on Planning 0 8

I'm preparing welcome bags for our guests who are travelling over from the UK with us. They'll include bottled water/bottle of beer/maps and local guide books/info letter etc. One of the things I want to include is a first aid kit. It's more of a token gesture really as people will more than likely bring their own paracetamol etc with them, but it's just something extra to show we've put some thought into it and an extra thing to include in the bag. So far I've thought of:

antiseptic wipes (stolen by my mum from the hospital!)

plasters

paracetamol

alka seltzer

indigestion tablets

strepsils

Can anyone think of anything else? If I had all the money in the world, I could include bandages, creams etc, but I'm looking for things I can buy in a big pack and split (e.g. am cutting up the packs of tablets to include a couple in each kit).

8 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 15 May, 2012 at 11:34
  • **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

What a very thoughtful idea!

How about an energy bar or Special K bar kind of thing? Packet of mints? Mini too brush? Packet of tissues?

x

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Safety pins ?

Little needle and thread pack?

Tissues

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, I'm already including tissues, mints, snacks etc in the bags. I was really after ideas specifically for the first aid kits e.g. medicines.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

An antihistamine pill in case of allergies/hayfever?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Might it not look a little bit dodgy to Customs if your suitcase is scanned and there's loads of cut up bits of pill packet in there?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Already thought of this! I won't be cutting them up until I get there. My suitcase will just have normal sized packs of tablets and I'll be sending some with my parents and sister also.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

If you cut up packets of pills, how will people know what the pills are though? I know this is sometimes written on the foil - but they won't have dosage instructions etc. as they aren't in the packet. I know this is common sense as folk will know how to take paracetamol etc, but just a thought!

I'm doing a first aid kit to go in with hen night bags I'm doing, and I've got Parcetamol from Tesco and Asda at 16p a pack if that helps?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Instruction and ingredient list already typed up to include in the bags ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Ah you have thought of everything, I'll be quiet now!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics