Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire

First dance

Daisy, 10 of May of 2021 at 16:17 Posted on Planning 0 5

How on earth do you decide on a first dance song? We have such different music tastes, they don't overlap at all - he's into classic rock, I'm more a 90s/00s pop girl Smiley xd .

How have you decided your first dance song?

5 replies

Latest activity by Nathalie, 11 of May of 2021 at 14:06
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab Ā·
    • Hide content
    Oh itā€™s hard, but you will get there!! My other half kept suggesting country songs. I hate country. Iā€™m more a grunge/rock girl! šŸŽø!! What I discovered was that for him (and probably most people) the lyrics were very important. He wanted them to tie in with our relationship/feelings. I googled. A lot! There are literally hundreds of websites listing first dance songs. In fact, there is also an article on hitched. Any song I liked I would forward to him and heā€™d pay more attention to the lyrics. In a reasonably short space of time, we realised we both loved one song. Iā€™ll tell you what it is, but keep it to yourself, no one else knows!!! Van Morrison - someone like you.

If you donā€™t already have a song that is ā€˜your songā€™ (we didnā€™t. At least, not one that could be used for a first dance) then you just need to find one that speaks to you both. It will happen x
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise Ā·
    • Hide content
    I'm dreading this part, neither of us can dance šŸ˜– and we dont have 'a song'. I think what's important as well as meaning something to u both, it should just be something apt for the occasion and moment. Something too up beat (unless ur both very good at dancing and feel confident in breaking out some serious moves) might be a bit odd being the only 2 up there, in my opinion anyway. I hope u figure it out!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon Ā·
    • Hide content

You are missing a trick here if you cant decide then do a medley and change your "moves" for each song.

For those that really do not want to do one then the best thing to do (apart from not doing one ) is to instruct your DJ to only play half of the song and then make an announcement to get loads of other couples up on the dance floor with you.

No need to worry about anything fancy just a 60 second grab and sway will be enough to say you have done one.

But if you do then make a point of giving your photographer or vid guy a heads up that they have only got 60 seconds to get the shotSmiley smile !

First dance 1

• Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good thinkin' batman! 60 seconds is more than enough focus in my mind!
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie Ā·
    • Hide content
    Weā€™re thinking (well, I certainly am) about skipping a first dance altogether. We donā€™t have ā€œourā€ song, weā€™ve never danced together and i donā€™t particularly enjoy watching others dance, or being watched as I dance! I donā€™t see the point of doing something thatā€™s tradition just for the sake of it, but of course thatā€™s totally up to you. Of course if you really want to thatā€™s great, but Iā€™d just say donā€™t do it just because you feel you have to ā˜ŗļø

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics