Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chez2k
Beginner October 2010

First dance dilemma

Chez2k, 23 June, 2010 at 20:05 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi Everyone,

We thought we had decided on our first dance song... we were going to have Al Green Let's Stay Together.

But my H2B wants to change it to Chris Issak Wicked Game. It is a great song, but not sure about it because of the words? It is much easier to dance to (we practice in the kitchen!!), but I'm not sure.

What do you all think? Is it suitable for a first dance song?

Thanks

Cheryl x

3 replies

Latest activity by Chez2k, 23 June, 2010 at 20:28
  • Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I like both songs, but i personally prefer the Al Green one, both song and lyrics but its down to personal preference, which one can you imagine yourself dancing to?

I understand what your saying with the lyrics of wicked game. (i love it tho cos it reminds me of friends!!)

• MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

I love Wicked Games by Chris Isaac - Its a very sensual song. But I agree and think that Lets stay together is a much better choice for first dance.

You cound maybe tell your H2B you'll play some wicked games later....? Smiley surprise

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

I think it's fine if it's what you want - don't think people pay THAT much attention to words (I do - I'm a total lyrics obsessive, boyfriend always laughs at me!) But like you say, it's a lovely song so have it as long as you want it too...We were always going to have whistle for the choir, fratellis as it's 'ours' but we couldn't dance to it either (practised drunk in living room!) then we heard fun lovin' criminals version of all the time in the world and are having that now! OH really loves it, it reminds him of his favourite Bond film (boys!) and it is lovely and very weddingy - and we can just shuffle to it! First I wasn't sure as Whistle means a lot, but I'm happy to know it makes OH happy - I have decided most other things and it's got lovely lyrics...not that it's all about lyrics!!!

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for replies.

I'll have to have think and see what OH thinks. He is hppy to go with either, but was really chuffed with himself when he picked the Chris Issak song. Might go with that and hope that no-one knows every word (especially the bits where it goes on about breaking up and having a broken heart!!). The chris issak song was much easier to dance to.

There are just so many nice songs... its hard to decide!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics