Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2015

First dance for everyone to join in

History man, 16 of August of 2015 at 15:12 Posted on Planning 0 15

We have decided that instead of doing a first dance together, we would like everyone to join in the first song. Only trouble is, we can't decide on a song...

What would you have for a party/celebration song that everyone would love? Should we go cheesy? Dance? Pop?

We don't really have a song that is 'our song'.

Any suggestions?

15 replies

Latest activity by Minna Rossi Photography, 25 of August of 2015 at 15:16
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

You could chose something and you arrange that the bridesmaids etc will join in after about 30 seconds and then parents etc and then call everyone else up.

whatever floats your okay from a typical first dance slow to the Macarena to leading a conga. Whatever floats your boat lol.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

For something along those lines it would be better maybe to have people in the know and prepped to join in. A bit flash mobbish, and get it videod.

• H
    Beginner August 2015
    History man ·
    • Hide content

We really do just want everyone on the dance floor for the whole song. We are already planning on announcing this during the speeches and asking DJ to get everyone on the dance floor. For us its the start of a party.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Then I think you can have anything at all and maybe a normal slow first dance song would be better. Anyone can shuffle about even if they can't 'dance'.

How about just google top first dance songs. You may find something you like more than others without realising it until you look. I don't think it's always something deep and meaningful to people just something you like slow enough to dance close.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Or if you want something more up tempo just any song you like.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    lavenderblue ·
    • Hide content

We'd like to do this too as OH is shy and doesn't want all the attention on him. Might do 30 seconds ourselves then have the bridal party get up.

i am loving the song 'Stuck on You' by Meiko at the moment but not sure if a song everyone knows would be better and not sure if it's the right tempo for everyone to dance to, haven't asked my fiancé what he thinks of it either.

For something slower I like Sleeping at last's cover of Chasing Cars.

• H
    Beginner August 2015
    History man ·
    • Hide content

I suggested 'Finally' by CeCe Penistone but can't decide if its good enough for everyone to dance to. PRESSURE of choosing the right song!

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

Have a song that everybody will know, but has words that mean something to you/ the occasion. It will make it feel special to the guests as well that they are celebrating for you both. I think it's a brilliant idea to have everyone up with you. We have spoke about having our first dance which parents usually join in with half way through anyway, then immediately following with oasis, wonderwall and asking all guests to join us as it's a song that me and OH belt out to each other if we hear it on nights out and that we know all our guests will definitely join in with (mancunians & oasis!)

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

My friends had a first dance but they also had everyone up for Moves Like Jagger - was fantastic!

• R
    Beginner June 2016
    ror100 ·
    • Hide content

My h2b and I are very self conscious, and would hate the idea of dancing on our own in front of people. Couple that 'our song' is sung in a foreign language which neither of us speaks, but the words still resonate.

Think we will skip the dance all together.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I photographed a wedding last year where they had the conga as first dance!

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    lavenderblue ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

G

That sounds amazing! Haha. That's the kind of thing I would love and OH would think is very cheesy.

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are the same - we want the tradition of the first dance but without all the attention being on us for all of it. Our first dance us 500 miles by sleeping at last then it will go to the Proclaimers original version for everyone to join in. The song means a lot to us so it fits perfectly for our wedding.

• B
    Beginner September 2015
    becksjane ·
    • Hide content

We're exactly the same. we decided to go for something fun and make people laugh so we chose thriller which kind of fits because most of music will be 80s anyway!

• Minna Rossi Photography
    Minna Rossi Photography ·
    • Hide content

What a great idea! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics