Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jon
Beginner November 2022 South East London

First dance …learn to dance together in lessons …or wing it ??

Jon, 26 of August of 2022 at 06:34 Posted on Planning 1 2

Morning All…

So this is my first post and I thought I better ask the question, as am having to organise the whole wedding myself I’m a bit unsure whether it’s a major thing or just something we can wing….

The First Dance……..

Should i sort out lessons for us to learn some basics ….

We marry in November this year and it will be hard enough for me with the blooming walking stick … but i don’t want the dance to look like we are in the 80s youth club …Nervous as hell and no idea where to put your hands.let alone your feet and you go round and round in a circle… looking like your lost 😂

I know this may seem late inthe planning stage of this all… but infact owing to some mad years of Covid …Passports been held at the embassy when they go on strike…dont ask…. and a whole other reign of fun has meant we had to postpone the wedding since 2019……..So in July this year we were finally given the go-ahead to get married but we also have to travel on our honeymoon on the 21st of December this year we had to get married beforehand so ……….

all a bit of a rush we’ve managed to put the wedding together within nine weeks……. I know lol going to need Blumin therapy after this 😂

So Yay or Nay do you think on the Dance ………….

Thank you all for your help and wonderful Discussions i have read on here …

Regards …

J

Aka da Groom

2 replies

Latest activity by Yorkshirelass, 26 of August of 2022 at 09:05
  • Jon
    Beginner November 2022 South East London
    Jon ·
    • Hide content
    This is true….. now just to convince the Bride that is the plan as she is the “ lets wing it “ and am the the one pooping ones self at the idea of the dance and think we should learn some steeps

Thank you ….
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We had the song Together in Electric Dreams by Phil Oakey which starts slow and builds up so we just stood together with our arms around each and moved slowly for the first bit. We had primed the DJ and my two teenage daughters to get everyone to join in and onto the Dancefloor when it got going. So he said something like “please join Katie and Karl on the dancefloor” and my girls encouraged everyone else to join in. No awkwardness and everyone up dancing. Simple!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics