Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2017

First Dance - music mash-up

Mr_P, 8 of February of 2017 at 21:05 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all!

So we're turning our thoughts to the first dance. What's current thinking on the music mash-up first dance, you know the one - start off with a traditional first dance then break out something funky which leads to something else etc.

A bit last year / decade or still a current trend?

Thoughts please!

Mr_P

1 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 10 of February of 2017 at 11:29
  • thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mr P!

The mash up can still be done although there haven’t been soo many over the past couple of years.

Last year we did a great version of the couples fave song which was 'All the small things' by Blink 182.

We started it just like a traditional first dance with soft piano but then after a verse & chorus kicked it all in from the start again and the whole room went crazy!

Just an idea???!

James

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I photograph a lot of weddings and see some but they are not as common as you may think. Firstly you have to be brave to do it as some couples struggle with just a "grab and sway" and even cut that down to just 30 seconds.

You don't even have to do a first dance if you don't want to.

On a professional wedding photographer note I love the mash ups because I can get a really nice range of shots out of all the different moves and there is always a great guest reaction that I can also capture. But a little bit of advice that I can offer is to not let the mash up go on for too long as the impact and fun of it can were off after 10 minutes ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics