Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner December 2013

First dance small wedding help :)

Dolli_dagger, 24 September, 2012 at 12:24 Posted on Planning 0 3

I'm having a small wedding next winter, about 18 guests. At a civil wedding at a beautiful house, how would I encorprate in a first dance as we're not having a disco respection. What did you do or why could I do? X

3 replies

Latest activity by amy@weddingdaydanceuk.co.uk, 1 October, 2012 at 14:03
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Are you having a reception at all? If so, what kind of thing do you have planned as this may help with suggestions Smiley smile

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a disco or band either so as a result unfortunately we won't have a first dance. I mean there's no dancefloor so it's just not possible. I feel sad about it cos it's part of the ceremony I'd like to include but we just can't make it work.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having one- just not something we want to do.

https://offbeatwed.com/first-dance-alternatives/

I like the 'First Drink' idea from the list above.

• amy@weddingdaydanceuk.co.uk
    amy@weddingdaydanceuk.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Even though your wedding is small, I'm sure your guests would still love to see your first dance as husband and wife. You'd need to organise something to play the music on. Your contact at the venue might be able to help or you could take your own cd player / I Pod & speakers. As it's not a disco reception I would keep it quite short and you might like to consider asking your guests to get up and dance with you, if there is space. It's best to choose something slow, as that's probably more appropriate and suiting to a small wedding. Also, you could get ideas by asking the venue what couples have done previously. Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics