Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lizzyleek
Beginner October 2010

First dance song?

lizzyleek, 22 of November of 2009 at 23:41 Posted on Planning 0 27

OH wants every time we touch - Cascada (slow version) but I'm worried it's a bit too slow!

And now trying to choose civil ceremony music!!!

We were having a church ceremony so was pretty easy choosing the hymns (stuck to what we learnt at school lol) but now were having a civil ceremony

we were thinking traditional going down the isle with cannon in D for the bridesmaids and i think the bridal chorus for me!

While we sign the book we were thinking of having a bit of a giggle with Stevie Wonder's signed sealed delivered and walk out to either Take That's Rule the world or Greatest day or is that a bit tacky??

What are you guys having??

x

27 replies

Latest activity by Spangler, 27 of November of 2009 at 12:20
  • aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to say i think 'signed sealed delivered' is an excellent choice for signing the book! go for it!

as for me, we are massively stuck on the first dance song - i wanted Michael Buble 'Everything' but OH is not too keen. we have dismissed a lot of our favourite romantic songs - either too fast or too slow Smiley sad so the search continues...

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also think thats a good choice!!

Ailiasp, we were the same after 4 weeks arguing over which song we decided to have "More than words" by extreme as our first dance song. And "love is all aorund" by wet wet wet as our second dance. I wanted that as our first as my brother died 2 years ago and that was his song, but OH doesn't really like it so we compromised and now it's for when the parents are up dancing with us.

L xx

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Hi... i'm no help as i don't have a clue what music we will be having but maybe a Lionel Ritchie or Take That song.... we both love Lionel and I love Take That. I'm planning on us having some dance lessons though and learning a proper dance for 1st dance so i suppose it depends what dance we learn and what goes.

Love the idea of signed sealed delivered though.. good thinking!

Toni

• hubbs91
    Beginner October 2010
    hubbs91 ·
    • Hide content

The Steve Wonder plan is genius!!! We have been struggling to think of something but that problem is now solved so thank you!!

We are having 2 dance songs but will mix them into one track

Ben Folds- Luckiest

Dan Reed Network - Stronger Than Steel.

The only area we are no short of ideas for is the enterence music..

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

We're really struggling as I don't like soppy songs, and OH likes really cheesey songs. (He suggested Enrique's Hero ?)

We don't really have any 'special' songs. The song that reminds me of him the most is Queen's Don't Stop Me Now as we always used to dance to it when we went out, so we were thinking f having that as its a bit different. But..... how we would dance to that I have no idea!

• L
    Beginner March 2010
    Lou0408 ·
    • Hide content

We both agreed on Elbow One day like this but now it is part of the Peter Kay children in need single i am not so sure.

My second choice was Wonderwall but performed by Ryan Adams. I think it sounds like a totally different song. OH not to keen as he hate Oasis. My third choice would be The Smiths There is a Light that never goed out but OH not keen on that either. Says its to depressing

We dont have a "song" as such either and i am not into soppy or cheese either.

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

moonpig - i REALLY wanted Don't Stop Me Now as well, and thought we could dance and jump around like we would if we went out. Can't think of any better way to show we are happy and excited. You guys could do that, just have fun and sing/scream it to each other. People will love it, especially if you are a couple that likes to go out etc.

My OH is really not keen on it, thinks it's a bit too unconventional, and says he would feel shy. I think i'm going to be much more shy slow dancing Smiley sad so that's off the table for us... do it!!!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it! Do it! These guys managed it fine with a little help from their friends.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlGEhXJnPoc

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

We had Heaven by DJ Sammy/Brian Adams. BWC on here actually sung it instead of us just playing a cd. Totally amazing and one of the best moments from the day.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we're having Michael Bubles 'everything' for our first dance. we both love it and think its just right, not too slow but not too fast either!

• K
    Beginner April 2010
    kazndave ·
    • Hide content

We've said for a while (b4 we got engaged) that we would have Aerosmith don't wanna miss a thing as our first dance. everytime i've heard since we talked about i, it makes me go all tingly. my H2B suggested something completely different (can't even remember what) but decided it had to be that as we decided on it about 2 years ago!

I wanted Queen i want to break free to be played at some point cos he always does the silly dance with the hoover but didn't think it was quite appropriate just after we'd got married!!

• lizzyleek
    Beginner October 2010
    lizzyleek ·
    • Hide content

WOW!! Thanks for all your replies!

little fluff - I wanted to do a traditional waltz for our first dance but OH is not keen at all ☹️

Hubbs91 - I'm glad we could be of service lol! ?

Moonpig25 - I can really see the fun in your choice of song!

Well fingers crossed we can come up with a first dance song and agree on it lol

Thanks again guys!

x

• sazelbean
    Beginner February 2010
    sazelbean ·
    • Hide content

Can't decide between these:

gravty - embrace

when love comes to town - U2

english rose - Paul Weller

first time i saw your face - steroephonics

and i think there was an Annie Lennox song..... i change my mind every week lol

x

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

SB that's what we are having, between this and G & N you have such good taste ?

• brienne
    brienne ·
    • Hide content

Maybe "growing old with you" or "the way you look tonight", but yes the second song i mentioned is also a bit slow but the song is nice and sounds so romantic.

• brienne
    brienne ·
    • Hide content

Maybe "growing old with you" or "the way you look tonight", but yes the second song i mentioned is also a bit slow yet still a nice romantic one. ?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Not too sure on this yet. we aren't really into soppy songs so were thinking of Kings of Leon Use Somebody but I'm sure that will change. My OH wanted Caledonia but thats about a place so not really relevant but a lovely song. Probably have that as our last song.

Sorry, no help at all!!!!

• leni
    leni ·
    • Hide content

We're having the very slushy - Westlife , Flying without Wings, followed by Luther, Never too much.

OH wanted the Romones, Baby I love you but one of our friends had it as theirs in the summer

• A
    Beginner
    Anir ·
    • Hide content

You guys have really done your research and have good taste! I am walking into songbird - eva cassidy

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

We were going to have 'Gold Digga' by Kanye West - but have had to put that on hold as MIL2B is likely to think we're being serious (she has already dropped lots of hints that she thinks I am one) and will leave in floods of tears.... ?

Tin digger more like.... ?

• M
    Beginner June 2010
    MJS84 ·
    • Hide content

Our first dance is going to be to Al Green 'Lets stay together' we both like the song i love it and we regularly dance in the kitchen to it with a glass of wine whilst cooking the dinner lol. Our actual song is 'good riddance' by Green Day - not sure that is first dance material though!

Our ceremony music is fields of gold - it was my FIL favourite song but he unfortunately died a couple of years ago quite suddenly so is a nice way to have him at the wedding without him being there.

I love the signed sealed delivered idea - plus love that song too - it would be great and definitely put a smile on everyones face. Personally i think you have exactly what you want its your day and if you love the songs for various reasons then you play them.

xx

• lizzyleek
    Beginner October 2010
    lizzyleek ·
    • Hide content

You have some really cracking choices on here guys! Really creative love the Eminem but I agree maybe not the best first dance song but hey each to their own!!! lol

Me and OH dance around the kitchen alot! I love it simple affection... it makes me feel like the most amazing woman in the world............ look getting soppy now lol i'm going!

x

• G
    Beginner January 2008
    goldielocks ·
    • Hide content

The Stevie Wonder idea is so clever, I love it! First dance songs are always a hard choice. my married friends all had a really hard time choosing,, but ended up just going with the song that felt right (sounds corny I know). My first dance song will be "it had to be you" by Harry Connick Jr. a total classic in my mind. I don't want all modern music at my wedding, which is why I went with that one, plus I'm walking to Canon in D for the processional music. I love going to unconventional weddings with all kinds of unexpected music, but I'm not bold enough for that for my own ? I like to keep things simple..

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down the aisle to "Songbird" by All Angels,

We are signing the register to either Michael Buble "everything" or the song "You and Me" by i think the wannadies or something like that. And then the other one walking out.

We are having Take That Rule The World for our first dance.

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

we did exactly this! raised a few smiles and giggles.

for my entrance we had rachmaninov's rhapsody on a theme of paganini - my fave piece of music in the world ever! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZbvluHcNo&feature=related

signing of the register:

adele - make you feel my love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0put0_a--Ng

the rolling stones - sweethearts together https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbm3bwlCAfk

stevie wonder - signed sealed delivered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkQKk2ukiyw

first dance:

love is in the air, john paul young https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klaS33CCrfQ

and we did a bit of a rubbish dance to it - H was more nervous about that than actually getting married to me... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVHrI3BEh9c

(first few seconds are of our rubbish dance, rest of vid is our guests dancing to various other stuff....)

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good choice! I'm walking in to this as well but the Eva Cassidy version.

Also love the Michael Buble song choice too but for our signing the register we are having my brother and sisters first dances from their weddings so Celine Dion 'because you loved me', Westlife's 'flying without wings' and Westlife 'you raise me up'.

Walking out to something silly like Jamiroquai's Cosmic Girl which is one of my all time favourites ever!

First dance is Finally Found by the Honeyz

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

We're having Better by Tom Baxter for our first dance. I'm walking up t'aisle to Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros played on the piano & violin and when we're signing the register we're having Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol again played on the piano and violin. OH loves Snow Patrol.

Loved Signed Sealed Delivered idea too - the band will be playing Stevie Wonder later on though.

Gillsy - love "use somebody" think that's a fab first dance choice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics