Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

StaceyLorraine
Beginner July 2014

First dance song!

StaceyLorraine, 16 of August of 2013 at 19:59 Posted on Planning 0 42

So lets talk first dance.... What is your chosen song and why did you pick it?

Me and my h2b are having let me be your wings by Barry Manilow, we want it as it's the song from our favorite childhood film Thumbelina (we've never grown up) and its perfect for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45zVAgXnYN0

42 replies

Latest activity by Ohwhatatuesday, 18 of August of 2013 at 11:57
  • SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

We are having 'Forever' by the Dropkick Murphys - has always been 'our' song and fits us perfectly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkaBGz0hQKI

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure yet , OH is in charge of this. My only requirement is that it's not mushy. Currently he's thinking of 'Born to be my baby' by Bon Jovi

• noseli24
    Beginner July 2014
    noseli24 ·
    • Hide content

Think we're having For Once in My Life - Stevie Wonder.

There isn't a particular song that means something to us that would be good for a first dance, and we wanted something happy and upbeat. Coincidentally, it now features on a tv advert...

• cass_b
    Beginner April 2014
    cass_b ·
    • Hide content

We've got LOVE by Nat king Cole.

• Dreamysmiles
    Beginner October 2013
    Dreamysmiles ·
    • Hide content

We are having jack Johnson better together. When we first started dating, I had just got his cd and he says I always had it on when he came over. We love it!

• Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content

We are having Jason Mraz's I'm yours, we travelled oz in a camper and his cd was the only one we had so listened to it constantly, brings back fantastic memories! X

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    GoogleyB ·
    • Hide content

We're having Lonestar-Amazed...in 10 days time! Eeeeeek!

• Kate22
    Beginner August 2014
    Kate22 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is take that rule the world. When we first got together we were watching a film called stardust and when that song came on he asked me to dance! So our first dance together is our first dance on our wedding. Mushy I know!! Lol x

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    AmyM2B ·
    • Hide content

We are having I won't give up by Jason Mraz xx

• M
    Beginner January 1998
    MrsI2Be ·
    • Hide content

We had chasing cars by snow patrol. It was the first thing we agreed on for the wedding, even before the date! We both love the song, and have spent many hours singing it at the tops of our voices in the car together! Plus we have seen them live together as well. It was perfect on our wedding day too and still gives me butterflies when I hear it!

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    Meganjp86 ·
    • Hide content

We have struggled with this because there are so many songs that mean something to us (we went to school together and were best friends but only got together 5 years ago!)

We have gone for GooGoo Dolls Iris then have chosen a Bonjovi song (In These arms) to play straight after it. We also love Jason Mraz so im having that walking up the aisle.

I have compiled a list for the DJ of songs that he needs to play at the reception! We are getting married in Cyprus so OH also has a list of songs for docking station for party over there! Xx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A couple of mine had this a few weeks ago. Lovely song for a first dance!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this is what we're having too for no reason other than it makes us smile and do silly dance moves.

• Y
    Beginner August 2015
    Yellow Stars ·
    • Hide content

We want Yellow by cold play

Because we where out watching the perseids meteor shower and I kept singing "look at the stars, look how they shine for you" when we got engaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwjX4dG72s

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Hotel Yorba - White Stripes.

No slush, only rock.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

We are having Islands in the Stream by Dolly Parton ;-)

No particular reason, we just both like it plus it's not too slushy!

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

We are having Beneath Your Beautiful - it wouldn't usually be an 'US' song, but OH proposed to me while we were slow dancing to it so we couldn't have anything else.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I've just had a listen to this and love it. I did the same thing with a song on a Kleenex ad a few years ago, I loved it so googled the lyrics and downloaded the song!

We're having Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer for our first dance. When we first met I was working all over the country so was doing a lot of driving, so on our second, third and fourth dates he brought me a mix CD that he made for me. He put Kiss Me on the first CD and I'd not heard it for years but remembered it and loved it, so he put it onto the next CDs too and it kind of became our song. Our next favourite song together is probably The Ballad of Tom Jones by Space and Cerys Matthews but the lyrics probably aren't typical wedding lyrics! ?

• erincat
    Beginner August 2013
    erincat ·
    • Hide content

After a lot of debate & going round in circles we decided on "Stand By Me" by the Drifters Smiley smile

• hslater
    Beginner July 2014
    hslater ·
    • Hide content

I haven't even thought about this yet Smiley surprise

But my ringtone for h2b is 1000 years by Christina Perri so that would be lovely!

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

StaceyLorraine: I love thumbelina! Such a cute song!

We are having either; Take That-Rule the World OR James Morrison- You make it real.

We can't decide!

xxx

• hslater
    Beginner July 2014
    hslater ·
    • Hide content

I haven't even thought about this yet Smiley surprise

But my ringtone for h2b is 1000 years by Christina Perri so that would be lovely!

• Dinosaurs
    Beginner July 2014
    Dinosaurs ·
    • Hide content

Love this, what a great choice.

We are going for The first day of my life by Bright Eyes I think although The Beatles in my life is still in contention. In my life says more about our relationship and would probably be 'our song' if we had one but we just love the other choice. So many decisions!

• Dinosaurs
    Beginner July 2014
    Dinosaurs ·
    • Hide content

I was loving FTLOMB'S choice of Hotel Yorba.

I thought I knew how to quote like the cool kids, clearly not.

• N
    Beginner December 2013
    NorthernBelle_79 ·
    • Hide content

'I won't give up on us' by Jason Mraz

Our relationship started out as long distance and we went through some really tough times dealing with being apart for extended periods. The lyrics of this song remind us of how strong we were when things were hard, and OH sent it to me on a CD for my birthday last year......makes me cry every time I hear it!

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Wonderful wonderful by Johnny Mathis. If any of you have seen the final episode of Desperate Housewives - that's where we got the idea from! And h2b had it playing in the flat when he proposed :o)

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content

Ours will be Sea of Love by Cat Power. Just coz we love it and its a beautiful song. Can't help but sing along to each other when it's on!

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Marmite27 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is Lover of the Light by Mumford & Sons.

My OH is very weird about music, I heard their Winter Winds song when it was Scott Mills song of the week on radio one. I thought he'd like them so got him the album for Christmas. He'd never mentioned this band or song, but swears blind he told me he wanted it!

When we moved into our house we pretty much just had this CD on, so I bought him the second album as soon as it came out. On the first listen when this song came on, he just looked at me and said 'We're having this as our first dance at the wedding'.

It works and I love it, but it's longer than I'd like!

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

OH is very into his music so I have had to compromise a bit.

We are having 'Morning Dreams' by Ladyhawke

I quite like the lyrics as its about always wanting to be by your side even when you aren't there and you appear to be better everyday.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

We're having Take That - Greatest Day. We don't have a special song really so I chose this cos I love it!

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

I think OH still hasn't got his head around a first dance in front of everyone yet never mind which song!

• TheMrsMeFo
    Beginner April 2015
    TheMrsMeFo ·
    • Hide content

I let OH chose our song and he has gone for Madness - It Must Be Love, which is fine by me as its not a slow slushy dance number and means we can just bop about and throw shapes which is what wears usually like!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics