Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

First Dance Song

Moonbeam88, 26 of June of 2015 at 11:05 Posted on Planning 0 6

I know there have been numerous posts about this but i'd really like to get some more ideas for first dance songs...what is everyone having? We're thinking Dream a Little Dream of Me or Gabrielle Sunshine.... we have a female singer singing our first dance so she will do an appropriate cover of Sunshine. Do you think these are OK? My bf is a Take That fan so we did think of Million Love Songs but not sure if it's too cheesy/ obvious??? this (and the dress!) has been the hardest decision so far!!!

x

6 replies

Latest activity by sarah.jones, 26 of June of 2015 at 19:05
  • M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

I will be watching this thread with interest! OH and I have pretty much stopped talking about it as we can't decide on anything. I have no idea what we are going to do. We did think about learning a proper dance, but that seems a bit cheesy. Somebody floated around the idea of doing the Haka, (as I am a massive rugby fan and my OH quite enjoys it to,) but I am not sure we have the b*lls to pull that one off!

I do like Everything by Micahel Buble, but I can't convince OH it's the right choice.

• mrsR2016
    Beginner April 2016
    mrsR2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

Both lovely choices. My friend had A Million Love songs and it was a fantastic atmosphere when everyone joined the couple the on the dance floor. I think we have decided on the current Sam Feldt's Show Me Love which is a classier cover of the Robin S version my H2B and I used to love!

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

We're having 'you make my dreams come true' - hall and oates Smiley smile

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a cover version of 'If I Lose Myself' by One Republic, which is 'our' song. We won't have the original version because it's a bit too up tempo but we've found some nice alternatives on iTunes.

• missmoore
    Beginner January 2012
    missmoore ·
    • Hide content

I think we're havig queen - best friend. We didn't want anything too soppy or cheesy and hopefully our 2 year old wi join in with us Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsWebberToBe ·
    • Hide content

We're having Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud because the lyrics are perfect, not sure me and H2B will be dancing like on the video for the song though lol.

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

We had Have I told you lately that I love you by Rod Stewart, I'm not really a Rod fan but the lyrics are really lovely .

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics