Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner January 2018

First dance song

Coopertobe, 26 of November of 2017 at 22:04 Posted on Planning 0 8

So excited it's only 2 months until we get married but we haven't decided on a first dance song! For us the lyrics have to mean something and we don't really have a "our song". we have narrowed it down to Westlife- swear it again and Eric Clapton- wonderful tonight. We are big Friends Tv fans and we hadn't realised at the time that wonderful tonight was a big feature in a certain episode, so for me I think I like Wonderful tonight, I just feel like I'm not sold on it yet though.

Whats eveyone else having for first dance? X

8 replies

Latest activity by thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk, 19 of December of 2017 at 12:03
  • Lisac6317
    Beginner June 2018
    Lisac6317 ·
    • Hide content

I’m really struggling with this as me & htb don’t have a song either.

We don’t want too slow/soppy but it also can’t be too much as htb can’t dance so doesn’t want to do more than sway!

Also I’ve realised that lots of first dance style songs talk too much about one person rather than love in general. We didn’t want it to be too one sided.

I’m currently thinking Jamie Lawson, Can’t see straight, fits our bill the best.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

We're in the same boat!

We have "our" song which is Michael Buble Home but its not really a first dance song so we're stuck on what to choose! We're having a band sing it, they're swing/jazz style, they do modern aswell as old school so it's just trying to decide what fits! I like Frank Sinatra The way you look tonight but OH not sure! I think this has been the hardest choice with the planning!

• R
    RomanticYellowHair891 ·
    • Hide content

That is a good one!

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    JessNav ·
    • Hide content

We're having Counting Crows, Accidentally in Love. Not one many people of heard of until I start playing it, if you like Shrek then you'll know the song. I'm not a soppy romantic and didn't want to do the "couple shuffle" so this is perfect for us!

• C
    Beginner January 2018
    Coopertobe ·
    • Hide content

So after a lot of thinking, we have gone for Ed Sheeran- Perfect. H2B reckons it's like a glove! I was never keen on an "up to date" song as I'm a 80's child and love my power ballad, but after hearing it on the radio I love it and then to throw it in the mix Ed has dueted with Beyoncé on a cover of Perfect and it's beautiful! So only decision is which cover we love more

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have photographed a few medleys before which might solve the choosing problem and they went down very well with the guests too

• H
    Beginner
    HappyGreenDiamonds17587 ·
    • Hide content

We had coldplay's paradise.

• P
    Beginner October 2018
    pinkdreams121 ·
    • Hide content

We don't have an "our song" but are having REO Speedwagon Can't fight this Feeling...it's not a traditional slow dance song but the words sum up our friendship and subsequent relationship perfectly.

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

If you have a song that means something to both of you whether it's uptempo or slow then go for it.

It doesn't have to be a 4 minute shuffling slowly song..unless that's what you want. If you'r uncomfortable about being by yourselves then direct the wedding party to join you almost straight away.

If you haven't got a special song don't feel pressured into finding one or being forced into it....the wedding we played last week didn't have a first dance and the reception went just great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics