Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious January 2023 West Midlands

First dance songs

Rahman, 25 of April of 2022 at 09:35 Posted on Planning 0 4
What was yours? Me and my H2B don’t really have a special song so looking for ideas

4 replies

Latest activity by Rahman, 26 of April of 2022 at 07:50
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    We don’t have a song either, and neither do we ever dance together (not the first dance style anyway). We ended up going for Come What May from Moulin Rouge, because it’s slow, the lyrics are appropriate and it can launch into Lady Marmalade and get others up and dancing. I actually didn’t want a first dance at all, but my OH was keen on it. So if you’re not bothered about it, I’d say skip it. If it’s something you want to do but you don’t have an obvious “your song” I’d think about how dancey you’d want the song to be, and whether others can dance to it too, or it can launch into something that will open the floor - I understand from our band that usually people just do a verse and chorus, maybe 2, and not the whole song before inviting guests onto the dance floor. There are lots of articles about good first dance songs it might be worth looking at. Personally I would think about lyrics too, as some songs that sound like love songs actually have some sentiments I wouldn’t personally want to associate with my marriage, but that’s a personal thing 😅
  • L
    Dedicated October 2022 Surrey
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We're having With Me by Sum 41, music is so important to us, it was the basis of our first conversation & on your first date we sat up listening to music until 5am. We go to loads of gigs together too so we had to have something from one of our favourite bands.
  • R
    Rahman ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea!
  • R
    Rahman ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a lovely story 😊