Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

First dance - speechless

29 April, 2011 at 01:20 Posted on Planning 0 9

OH has just made me cry floods of tears - in a good, happy way. And he's not here right now and I'm sat here on my own so forgive me coming on here to blather.

He texted me earlier to say he had an idea for our first dance, Annie's Song by John Denver. I've always said I wanted a song that meant something to us as a couple, not just something we randomly picked, and didn't think I was going to like it (and feared it would have my name in it lots and sound like it was a song about me and not us, if you see what I mean). Plus bear in mind this is the guy who quite seriously wanted to play the Imperial March from Star Wars during the ceremony. And then I listened to it. I cannot believe he picked something so sweet and beautiful, it has actually made me cry. Sorry to gush...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C21G2OkHEYo

9 replies

Latest activity by Panjita, 3 May, 2011 at 11:52
  • Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

Aw! Its a lovely song.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Oh how sweet! Pity I can't persuade my OH to have 'Hey Jude'...

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Great choice, always been a favorite song of mine Smiley smile

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

What a gorgeous song! You've GOT to have it for your first dance! Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

xxx

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful song. James Galway did an instrumental version of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkUpto_ohEc

• Wedding DJ
    Wedding DJ ·
    • Hide content

The song has also been 'adopted' by the fans of various football teams around the country who sing alternative lyrics to this tune.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful! And how nice of your H2B!!!!

We are still undecided what to have for our first dance... Hope OH doesn't suggest anything with "Diana" in it as the only two choices that spring to mind are Michael Jackson's "Dirty Diana" - and I used to be a huge MJ fan and in uni when I walked into a party my friends used to always play the opening bars to my dismay! OR Paul Anka's 1957 "Diana!" which is a tad too close to home for comfort, seeing as it starts with "I'm so young and you're so old / This, my darling, I've been told..." By our wedding day, my OH will be 31 and I will be 38! LOL

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I play the James Galway version on the flute and it always gets remarks when people overhear it about how beautiful it is

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I was waiting for OH to suggest Angie by the Rolling Stones, but I doubt he will have heard of it. Besides, the words are completely wrong for a wedding dance! lol.

Annie's song is beautiful and I remember learning it on my keyboard as a kid!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics