Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2014

First Dance. What are you having? Anybody else having a Metal Song?!

CristaMB, 13 of August of 2014 at 18:14 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi,

We both like so many different genres so we're having a mix of funny YMCA type stuff, disco, rock and whatever the True Blood soundtrack is!

First dance: Metallica's Nothing Else Matters as our first dance because the lyrics are quite meaningful and it's slow enough for OH and I to dance to in my princess dress! Followed by Bad Company's 'Feel Like Making Love'

17 replies

Latest activity by CristaMB, 14 of August of 2014 at 16:03
  • soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

Nothing Else Matters is one of my fave Metallica songs, would have never thought of it for a wedding, though :o I'm not sure people would realise who plays it, either Smiley smile

Never really thought about the lyrics, but looked at them now and I like this song even more!

• ClaireyLou85
    Beginner July 2016
    ClaireyLou85 ·
    • Hide content

Last night my hubby-to-be suggested the chicken dance last night, followed by 'Baby Got Back'...

I do love BOC "I'm burning for you" but not really a first dance song. Smiley smile X

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I don't think we'll be having a first dance, but if we do it'll almost certainly be something non traditional. "Hollow Crown" by Architects would be my personal choice. It's what I played to my OH whilst he was in a coma and it's massively sentimental. More metalcore than metal though. I do love Nothing else matters as well though!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

We're having a song from a post hardcore band, have what you like!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

We're having The Reason by Hooberstank, more rock than metal hut still quite unusual I think.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CristaMB ·
    • Hide content

Ah I love that song! Very good lyrics.

Had completely forgotten about it.

Should I dare tell my DJ to put it on his 'really really want to hear list' list?! Lol! There's 3 levels to this list and he won't have time to play everything on the 'most wanted' level!

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    MrsRoughToBe ·
    • Hide content

We're having nothing else matters also, we both like alot of dance music, metal, in fact anything with a decent beat. But again, the lyrics are what drew us to this song. My OH was very surprised early in our relationship when the song came on and i sang along knowing every word....apparently im not the sorta girl who would like metallica lol.

• Missmadgiggles
    Beginner August 2013
    Missmadgiggles ·
    • Hide content

We had 'Nothing Else Matters' as our first dance.... but then segued into 'Shake your tail feather' from the Blues Brother movie. Made us smile...

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We always advise to go with a track that means most to you both.

We've been asked to play Radiohead's 'Creep' for a first dance coming up soon. I love that track and never thought of it as a first dance but when the couple explained how they smooched to it on early dates it was clear that it was the song for them!

We also had 'Welcome to the Monkey House' but that's another story!!

James x

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

We are a long way off deciding, but thrown into the suggestion pot was flyleaf, pantera or feeling good by muse...

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CristaMB ·
    • Hide content

Ooh which Pantera song would you be thinking of?

My favourite of all time is Cowboys From Hell! So we're having the intro of that as the intro to our first dance when the DJ announces us Smiley laugh

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I really like their version of planet caravan, as it is all slow and gruff...

Our 'song' is im broken, as that was OHs alarm when we first started being together, it reminds us of those electric, exciting new days where we would discover loads about each other. The song would go off at 4am sometimes for work and he hadnt even been to sleep yet - Oop!

5 minutes alone would be funny, but may scare my nan... But we are determined to have pantera at some point in the day...

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

We're not doing a first dance but if we were I would definitely want a metal song. Nothing Else Matters is perfect I think for a first dance.

OH is a Chelsea fan and suggested we have 'blue is the colour, football is the game' played at somepoint in the Ceremony. I've quickly veto'd that one...

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

great choice! I love that song, we are having it as a slow dance in our 'disco'. Also having Iris by Goo Goo Dolls as a slow one, OH wouldn't let me have it for our first dance.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love Cowboys From Hell!

Not sure if we'll have a metal song. We haven't planned a reception yet so it's all still open for discussion. We don't have a 'song' as such. I'm a stickler for song meanings so I wouldn't have anything if I got it in my head that the lyrics weren't 'weddingy'!

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are considering this song too. My OH loves metallica and I'm a big fan of the softer stuff so would be nice. I am also trying to see if he likes Theory of a Deadman's Easy to Love You as it's beautiful but still has the rock undertones.

We're having Apocalyptica's instrumental of Nothing Else Matters whilst everyone is waiting for me to come in so probably shouldn't have it twice...

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Hotchilli999 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi!

I love this song, if it's what I think you mean it's called Bad Things by Jace Everett! Good choice!

Me & My OH will be having a selection of metal/rock songs but we haven't picked any as yet Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CristaMB ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we love love LOVE 'Bad Things' by Jace Everett!!!! It's not really appropriate for our first dance with my dad and grannies there ("I wanna do bad things with you!") ...but we're definitely hoping to have it as one of the songs.

The Watson Twins - 'Just Like Heaven' and Slim Harpo 'Strange Love' are also tracks we considered as first dance songs, (from True Blood soundtrack) but I wanted something a bit more metal

Ah 'Theory of a Deadman's Easy to Love You' has some lovely lyrics: "Frozen in the cold trying to get you home.'' That's true of me and my OH as we used to live in Poland lol!

It took me 4 whole days to finalise a list for the DJ! (It was so hard chopping songs out of it when it became too long!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics