Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Dedicated July 2022 Durham

First Dances

Charlotte, 25 of April of 2022 at 14:30 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 17
So we've opted for an intimate ceremony and reception. Our reception is a local public house/restaurant, they're sectioning the restaurant area off for our reception however the area we have there isn't much space for first dances. We knew this would be the case, but we'd somehow like to keep that little tradition, as we're also going for speeches as well, there isn't a seating plan as our families are really close. The area that's sectioned, there's a double door alongside, to exit into the garden, which is fine. Is there anything else we can do in place of the "first dances" xx

17 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 14 of May of 2022 at 01:31
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Charlotte! You could ask the owner of the venue if there’s a way to make space or maybe have it somewhere else. Could a section in the garden be possible? (decorated with lights and things it would be really lovely!)
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that's a idea, I never thought about the garden, there's a lovely little pagola that has lights up anyway. Mainly used as a area for smokers when it's raining, but it'll be July so they could just give it a good clean up. I never thought of that. Good idea 👍 ❤ thanks
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds lovely and it really does mean that your first dance would be you two and lovely in July too! ♥️
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Ostria for the idea. Never once thought about it haha 😄 xx we'll remember your idea when we have our first dance hahaha ♥
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that is lovely, wishing you the most magical day and the best weather! ♥️♥️
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks hunni xxx ❤
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just an update, I mentioned the worry I had regarding the dances and that sort of thing to the venue, so they have booked us in for a seperate room for after our food, at a really good discount and they've even managed to find a dj for us as they don't have their own in house. My M in-law has said she's going to pay for that. So we got it all sorted. I'm left with only one thought, it doesnt need table decor, does it? Xx
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry for the late reply! I’m so glad you got it sorted. The separate room may not need table decor! If the other room has tables too, you may be able to organise it where before you move into the other room, the table decor can be moved to the new room ( if that makes sense! Not the best at wording) but it may be that the new room doesn’t need decor if you’ve already got decor for the meal and speeches 😁 xx
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah the room we have for food and speeches has all the runners and center pieces and flowers etc, then after that we have our new room with small drink tables, a snooker table and a dance floor. Our cake will be in this room also so I'm thinking that I leave the "dressing" of tables other than the table for the cake, which we're having a Scottish flag draped over the table and our cake is on a log slice, as we've got a rustic theme, so I can't think of how else I can....I have some jars with hessian and lace on I could place on the window ledges and put candles in them....or would it be pointless for what we're using the room for xx
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds lovely! My elopement will also be a rustic Scottish theme. The decorations sound great too, if you feel like you want to dress the room up a little bit more then I don’t think it’s pointless, you only get one big day after all! Xx
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw great, we'll have to exchange photos.
    I think I'll have a think about it and maybe see how it looks on our next visit, when we go to see the layout decorated xx
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely! We were originally getting married in February next year but have had to postpone until October! But I can’t wait to see your wonderful day 😁 xx
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw lovely !!! We were meant to be this November but brought it forward due to different circumstances.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your day too! A rustic Scottish theme in October just sounds gorgeous, wintery vibes, we had originally planned a winter wonderland theme, but then changing the date, changed it. Can't have a winter themed wedding in July haha 😅 xx
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I’ve always had a thing of wanting to get married on Halloween, it’s one of my most favourite seasons and I love Halloween so why not get married then? Haha the photos will be beautiful too but a summer wedding also sounds beautiful 🤩 are you and your fiancé Scottish? Xx
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh Halloween sounds amazing. Sounds really romantic and classy.
    We both have Scottish backgrounds. He's more into his heritage because of his dad. We lost his dad a few year ago, and Darren has always been close to his dad. He's decided to wear his dad's Scottish Clan pins for the wedding and for surprise I've bought his family's tartan, in a sash to wear over my dress, as my family tartan wouldn't match any of colour scheme haha. Xx
  • Ostira
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! And that is absolutely wonderful thing to do ♥️ I have family in Scotland and spent a lot of my childhood in Scotland so it felt right to get married there! Including the family tartan to your day sounds perfect xxx
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We had lots of holidays there too. It's such a stunning place. Your photos will be gorgeous. Definitely a perfect place.
    Thank you very much. Means alot xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics