Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katy
Curious July 2023 West Yorkshire

First fitting

Katy, 3 of February of 2023 at 14:40 Posted on Wedding Attire 2 6

First fitting 1

First fitting 2Sharing on here, so I don't get over excited & show my fiance instead, just back from my first fitting after having a corset inserted in my dress. I was so nervous about how it was going to look, as I bought the dress as a sample that was quite a bit too small, but I absolutely love it!
Just need to find jewelry to go with it now & wait for the rest of the alterations to be done.
Has anyone got any suggestions for what type of necklace to go for, as I'm really useless at this kind of thing? I'm going to be having my hair half up to try & keep my tattoo covered & having a sparkly belt added where the ribbon is now.Thanks in advance

6 replies

Latest activity by Melissa, 5 of February of 2023 at 18:28
  • L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content
    You look stunning! I'm a sucker for a corset back!
    For jewellery, you can either go light and delicate, or something a bit bigger and statement-ish - I think the dress could handle it. I would say diamanté, but again that's just my personal preference!
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

That is such a beautiful dress!

For jewellery, I’d suggest something small but sparkly, to match your sparkly belt. A single diamond (or similar - maybe even a jewel in your wedding colour?) would look lovely. There is a lot of detail on the dress so I’d keep it quite simple.

• Kenna
    Beginner March 2023 Lothian & Borders
    Kenna ·
    • Hide content
    Your dress is beautiful, it really suits you. 😍
  • Katy
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you, I absolutely love the dress, but I've not seen many like it, so I was beginning to get paranoid that I've got really weird taste & no one else would like it. Then when I showed it to my son he called it a boring old lady dress, I should have known better than asking the opinion of a 13 year old!
    It's my birthday next week so going to go shopping with a friend to look for a necklace, I think simple & delicate is the way forward
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My dress is very similar to yours but with a scoop neck - I'm thinking of it as traditional rather than old lady 😉
  • Katy
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely prefer that to old lady!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics