Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner December 2017

First fitting disaster

JCVegas17, 6 of October of 2017 at 07:10 Posted on Planning 0 3

So ladies please help me!

I went for my first fitting yesterday, my dress is the pronovias Ornani. When I bought the dress I was told the seamstress would be sewing cups into the dress as it is a keyhole back which I loved. I got there yesterday and the seamstress has told me to buy a stick on bra and that she will not see cups in! I am devastated. I am a DD/E cup but a small size 10 and stick on bras dont exist in my size with decent support and are absolutely awful, this is the last thing that I wanted to mess around with on my wedding day. I would never have bought this dress if this had been the case. My mum has been great and said we can get a new dress but I only have 9 weeks to go and i want my original dress but with cups in! Does anyone have any advice? I’m not going again until the 16th November and I get married 9th December ? xx

3 replies

Latest activity by JCVegas17, 6 of October of 2017 at 17:21
  • MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

How awful for you!

Is there anyway you can find another seamstress and ask for a second opinion?

• B
    Beginner July 2018
    Blondie_bride ·
    • Hide content

I'm a similar bra size and totally feel your pain! Stick on bras just don't work on me!

I'd go to another seamstress if the first won't put the cups in xx

• V
    Beginner September 2017
    VegasBride2017 ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts are you?

• J
    Beginner December 2017
    JCVegas17 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies thanks for your replies. Iv managed to get in touch with another seamstress who is doing my bridesmaids dresses and she has said she will put cups in it for me and will do my alterations Smiley smile. I rang the bridal shop and I spoke to the owner and I also emailed the seamstress from last night but she is still adamant that I should wear a bra ?. I feel a lot better but have still been eyeing up replacement emergency dresses just in case lol. I tried to explain I would never have had this dress if I thought I’d have to wear a bra, everyone knows stick on bras do not work, let alone on bigger busts.

Got to wait until Monday now to get my dress back!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics