Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

First hiccups, ugh!!

22 May, 2013 at 13:40 Posted on Planning 0 4

Had a bit of a nightmare today. First my OH has gone out suit shopping for the first time today, and was supposed to be going with all three of his best men (I know, greedy right?!). He's been looking forward to it all week as he never gets his 'guys' all together at the same time. This morning one of them dropped out because he's been called to an emergency at work, fair enough, but then the second best man, his own brother, told him he's just too tired and can't be bothered. I felt like smacking him with a shovel, but whatever, OH kinda shrugged it off (although I know he's upset) and has gone with just his best mate instead. Spoke to him over the phone a while ago though and he seems to be having a blast, so I guess all is well, I'm just really annoyed at my FBIL right now!

I then went to look at the dresses I'm planning to get for my two bridesmaids, only to find they're now out of stock and won't be stocking them again! Noooo!!! I knew I should have bought them when I first saw them, but both my girls want to lose weight and one may decide to have another baby at some point so I didn't want to rush into it. Ugh!!! And so the search begins again...

And finally I called my local council to arrange a time to give notice. I had no flipping idea they get booked so far in advance - the earliest appointment they had was in mid-June and that is only because of a cancellation!! I am fuming as the council I booked my registrar in said I had to give notice before the 10th June or else pay the booking fee again. My OH is self employed and works in TV production, so finding a day we are both available is an absolute nightmare, and he has the week before the 10th off work so I was really hoping we'd get it done then. Nope! More money down the drain.

Deep breaths... Rant over. Sorry girls, needed to vent!

4 replies

Latest activity by S108HAN, 22 May, 2013 at 21:38
  • Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

I am in the same position. Its hard but I am not even going to look for dresses until Oct/Nov time, then I am just going to buy the sizes they are then and thats it. Sounds ruthless but otherwise we would never get dresses. Sad to hear the ones you wanted were discontinued but maybe they were not meant to be?

I am confused about the notice, guessing all councils are different but mine said (i am getting married in Feb) that i need to pay 4 months prior to the wedding and give notice at least 16 days before. We have paid our deposit but wasnt planning on giving notice until November time. Purely becase i want to get my passport signed then too.

Could you maybe go seperatly?

As for the suit shopping .... blokes!!!! They drive me mad.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Stress ye not. It's really no big deal to give notice seperately. That's what we did as we couldn't get a time together during the day either.

Can you source the dresses anywhere else such as ebay, Amazon, preloved?

Let Oh sort his guys out, if he isn't worried and having a good time then don't you worry either.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

When I booked my registrar they said they would hold the booking provisionally for 28 days and I had to give notice before the 28 days were up or I would lose my provisional booking, so maybe it's to do with that? However the woman I spoke to at the time was really nice and said if you have any problems getting an appointment then give us a ring straight away, so maybe they can be a bit flexible with the deadline if you haven't been able to get an appointment by 10th June??

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

I am soooooo glad my first choice of BM dresses weren't in stock by the time they'd all tried them on. I'm much, much happier with the final look.

In the end, they all have different dresses in the same colour which they picked themselves, so happy BMs all round. Below (before pressing)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics