Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

flowersinherhair
Beginner April 2014

First planning meeting.

flowersinherhair, 29 of October of 2013 at 08:28 Posted on Planning 0 3

Going for it today as when we booked it was an open day and didn't get chance to find out the smaller details.

So far my generic questions are:

Is it 8 or 10 to a table?

Apart from setting up tables and basics like seating plan, cake table and guest book table, would they do extras like put up the bunting?

Ask if permitted to have Easter egg hunt, basket of Easter eggs and minatures. (This is a specific thing to us).

What is the Wet weather plan

What happens during BBQ wedding breakfast, is it served or buffet style? (We're pretty sure it's buffet style but are double checking).

Confirm number of songs needed for ceremony

When do last numbers need to be back by?

When do we tell them about special requirements and what will be available for vegetarians?

Are high chairs provided? Up to what age are babies free?

Heating if it's cold?

What time the next morning do we need to pick our stuff up by?

Is tissue paper confetti ok?

any other obvious questions I have missed out??

3 replies

Latest activity by pbn, 29 of October of 2013 at 11:56
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Do you get the bridal suite free? A lot of hotels do this to clinch the deal.

If you have a BBQ, double check that there will be sufficient alternatives for the vegetarians. We asked for lots of salads etc at our daughters but there was a huge amount of meat and we could have really done with more salad and potatoes for those who didn't eat meat.

Are the prices guaranteed or will they change in the future and if the VAT rate changes, will this affect things?

And the dreaded question…. When's the balance due Smiley winking !

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

I went to visit my venue last sunday on their open day and here is a list of the question that i bought with me - i just wrote them down as i went along over the months.

Toilets - sole use for the wedding party. Can i put a basket of goodies in there.

Temp of the place - are there enouugh heaters?

Lighting - at night is it really dark? Enough lights for the room.

Where does the DJ go? Enough power outlets near.

How many special rate hotel rooms left?

Nibbles during reception drinks, can i bring some crisp and nuts to leave on tables?

When does the toastmaster stay until?

Anywhere for the groom to finish getting ready - 40 mins drive from home and doesnt want to screw up his suit.

See an example of the included table number and seating plan and cake stand.

Any weddings the day before? Or can we set up the day before? Is the room locked / secure.

Latest time the wedding breakfast can start.

What time are last orders at the bar? What time does the hotel bar stay open to?

Do i need to book an appointment for pre wedding photo shoot with TOG?

View a room i will be getting read in so i can ensure 3 people can fit comfortably in to get ready. As to remove any un-needed chairs tables for extra room.

What happens with the wine that is not consumed at the meal, is it put on the bar after?

Is water included on the tables?

Reception drinks - are soft drinks availabe too to adults as well as kids.

Others off the top of my head:

Is there a sound system for back ground music during dinner.

Any decor needed in the ceremony room / reception room.

Bar - do they accept card - ours is cash only and we put this on our invites.

• P
    Beginner April 2014
    pbn ·
    • Hide content

I'd also ask who starts/stops the music if you're having a civil ceremony? At ours one of our guests has to do this.

Will someone be responsible for maintaining the standard of the toilets?

Any access issues for wheelchairs etc

Highchairs: do these need to be hired in or booked in advance?

What condiments/sauces etc will be with the bbq?

Is there a sound system for speeches etc if needed

I'm sure there's loads of others that I haven't asked as well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics