Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sandra
Beginner September 2025 Essex

First song

Sandra, 17 of August of 2024 at 23:05 Posted on Planning 0 16
On a debate of first song, what was your choice and why??

16 replies

Latest activity by Fire, today at 11:43
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

How Deep Is Your Love - Bee Gees because it's a classic and beautiful. We didn't have a special 'our song' so we just chose one that we both loved.

• Sandra
    Sandra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, what a great choice
  • Sandra
    Sandra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I agree with that, the lyrics are very important. The chosen song needs to feel that was made for you.
    Thanks for sharing 😊
  • Positive
    Staffordshire
    Positive ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes the lyrics play a huge role in making the song feel personal and special. It’s all about finding something that resonates with your unique story! 😊

• Sandra
    Sandra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tottally, it’s just been hard to find the one cause we don’t even have a couple song.
  • Positive
    Staffordshire
    Positive ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally, I get it—it can be tough finding the perfect song, especially if you don’t already have a couple’s song. I think it’s important to sit down with your partner and talk it through. You might discover that the right choice doesn’t have to be a classic love song. Sometimes, it’s about finding something that just feels right for both of you.

• Sandra
    Sandra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, we have a few in line but still deciding and still looking for something more substantial.
    We have let’s stay together from Al Green and I get to love you by ruelle
  • Sarah
    Beginner June 2024 Pembrokeshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    We went with The Killers - Mr Brightside. I really didn’t want a first dance as I get very self conscious, but my husband did. We practiced dancing to a few traditional songs and it just felt really awkward and we’re never ‘awkward’ together, in fact we normally love dancing together so it didn’t feel right. Then I suggested Mr Brightside. I was at a Killers concert when my husband sent me a text asking me on our first date and whenever it’s come on at parties it’s always the song that we’ve found each other to dance too. I have to say it was amazing! We had so much fun dancing to it that I didn’t feel at all self conscious, we could have danced to the whole song on our own! But when the DJ called everyone else onto the dance floor it was just a happy song which included the kids, grandparents and our single friends. It wasn’t traditional but as it normally comes on at parties we get to relive our first dance whenever we go out, friends always shout ‘your song’s on!’ Too! 😊
  • Hayley
    Beginner September 2025 North Yorkshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    My fiancee have had this debate as he loves music and we wanted something special. At first we were going to go for an acoustic version if Times like these by the Foo Fighters as we both love the song but after listening to YouTube we have decided on Myles Smith- Stargazing which is a new song we would never have thought if having but the lyrics really meant something to us ❤️ so I would say just see what you hear from a variety of sources and don't be scared to change your mind x
  • Aimee
    Beginner May 2026 Argyll
    Aimee ·
    • Hide content

We have ended up with sister sledge- thinking of you. We aren't a big fan of slow love songs so we thought that song was perfect for us as we can dance how we like and the lyrics are beautiful

• Sandra
    Sandra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww that’s really nice! So romantic, love it!!
  • Sandra
    Sandra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    At the end of the day, it’s your dance so as long as you both agree on the song, who cares? Love it, thanks
  • Waqar
    Pakistan
    Waqar ·
    • Hide content

That’s such a wonderful choice, Lea! "How Deep Is Your Love" by the Bee Gees is truly timeless, and it’s beautiful that you picked a song that resonates so deeply with both of you. Music has a unique way of touching our hearts and connecting us on a profound level. Choosing something that you both love is a perfect way to celebrate your bond and Improve Life Quality through shared moments of joy and connection. ❤️

• Hannah
    Curious September 2025 Durham
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

We're thinking a Luke Combs song, possibly Kind of Love We Make or Better Together :-)

We listen to lots of Luke Combs so these songs mean a lot to us.

• Sie
    Beginner November 2025 Essex
    Sie ·
    • Hide content
    We met at a rock and roll club. He just cake up and asked me to dance. Didn't even know who he was, lol.
    The song playing was Scotty Baker -"Pop the question".
    10 months later we are engaged and set the date for next year.I really don't like sloppy songs... so...Our first dance is that very song and we are going to do a jive 😁
  • Fire
    Pakistan
    Fire ·
    • Hide content

Could you provide the specific post or text you'd like me to comment on? That will help me tailor the comment appropriately. basant

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics