Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Panjita
Beginner May 2011

First Time Buyers

Panjita, 22 November, 2011 at 11:51

Posted on Off Topic Posts 42

Has anyone on here recently bought a house for the first time? How difficult was it? How many times your wages do they offer these days? What %LTV did you get?

Has anyone on here recently bought a house for the first time? How difficult was it? How many times your wages do they offer these days? What %LTV did you get?

42 replies

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Makes sense.

Had Mr Panj owned a property before? Friends of mine have had a mortgage agreed based on her salary and being a FTB but with his 'rent' being taken into account in terms of her affordability statement.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, unfortunately due to his personal circumstances, he's never been in a position to buy.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

He ought to look at FTB incentives then. Definitely see a broker, they'll talk you through all sorts of options.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your help, I'm definitely going to look into it at some point in the new year x

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

We've just bought our first home (a new build) and we could have borrowed something around 4.5 times our wages. However we went with an offer with the housebuilder were we could get a mortgage for 80% of the house price, own 100% of the house (none of this shared equity rubbish were you have to rent the % you don't own) and 15% was a 'loan' from the housebuilder so we only needed a 5% deposit. This works out great as the loan only needs paying back to the housebuilder within 10 years or just whenever you sell the house. It means we've got a low mortgage and we can still build up some equity while we're in it!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I inquired about something imilar to this a few months back but they would only do the deal on their two bed starter homes which would be too small for us unfortunately.

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

OUrs is a 3 bed semi. Suppose it depends on the developer and the time of year. Their financial year ends in June usually so if you start looking around March/April then they are more likely to offer incentives/crack under pressure to hit targets. Also works around October/November as half year targets also apply heavily.....I work for a house builder! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics