Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire

First time stressed out wedding planning!

Samantha, 6 of January of 2022 at 23:22 Posted on Planning 0 3
So after months of trying to get an appointment to give notice of marriage to be told because of covid the earliest they can do is 3 months before! Last week I finally got the phone call id been waiting for to book an appointment, yayyyy except it came 10 minutes after testing positive for said covid 🤦🏼‍♀️ And the only had appts they had were for this week which I obviously now couldn’t attend so today I finally get the call back! He’s running through all the questions with me and it comes to do you both have an in date valid passport I do my fiancé doesn’t okay so he needs a full birth certificate with all parents details on … great he has that and because he’s born after 1983 he also needs to bring his mothers full birth certificate with her parents details on 🤦🏼‍♀️ She only has a small birth certificate so she’s had to rush online buy a full birth certificate for herself for us to take to our appointment she had to fast track it £50 (for a bit of paper) later we have to pray it arrives before our appointment! For anyone still needing to give notice make sure you don’t leave it til the last minute to have these things it costs a lot more 🤦🏼‍♀️

Deep breaths 😂

3 replies

Latest activity by Lisa, 7 of January of 2022 at 20:09
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We have the same issue, finally got hold of them this week and our wedding is 30th April, the first appt they have is 21st March! So is cutting it fine for the 30 days and I am paranoid we wont have something! Like your OH I don't have a valid passport so now need to get my long birth certificate. I am also divorced so have my absolute but they want the marriage cert as well so I need to get that at cost, more annoyingly I had it and threw it out recently as I didn't think i needed it anymore. I am sure it will be fine but it is stressful! Also, they ask you about your future in laws occupation and full name, so if like my OH who doesn't remember anything you need to drill it in to them! keep calm and hope you recover from Covid and it all goes ok with your appointment

• S
    Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    Oh my that is cutting it fine! Our wedding is the 26th March so enough time hopefully but just worried if we forget something we’ll struggle to get another appointment 🤦🏼‍♀️ I hope everything goes smoothly for yours too!
  • L
    Dedicated October 2022 Surrey
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I think it must be very variable across different areas. We don't get married til 22nd October but have our notice appointment on 3rd Feb!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics