Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner September 2015

First we lost a bridesmaid ... now the best man

TheNewHyacinth, 27 of July of 2015 at 14:16 Posted on Planning 0

Just a bit of a rant to be honest.

Firstly, on my hen do 2/3 weeks ago I ended up falling out with one of my best friends of 13 years and we haven't spoken since and i've made the decision to cut her and her two daughters from my wedding [and my life] so I lost a bridesmaid and my two flower girls.

Now the best man has text us to say that he isn't in a mentally fit state to be there for my partner at the minute and doesn't want to be involved in the wedding. We've asked another of his close friends to step in and he's said yes thankfully but we're both a little upset at the first guy dropping out and worried about him as he's a very closed person and doesn't discuss things when he's hurting. Their still friends, no fall out - just now very anxious about friend and hope he's okay.

Luckily we're only doing suit shopping in two weeks so that's still going to be okay ... but it's going to be fun finding a suit to fit the new 6ft 8" tall huge beast of a best man.

What is it about weddings and growing as a person and moving forward etc. that seems to throw everything up in the air :'(

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear that you've fallen out with your best friend and cut her out of your life.

As for the best man, it's probably taken a bit of guts for him to send you that message and admit that something's wrong. Weddings aside, please make sure that you/your H2B are there for him. Encourage him to see a doctor if he's having mental health problems. Let him know you're thinking of him and ask what you can do to help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics