Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Fish & Chip Wedding...

9 August, 2012 at 11:40 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi,

Our first choice venue has fell through Smiley sad

So now trying to find a second choice, we have found somewhere else which would be perfect but they are limited on the hot food they can serve.

They are a pub / restaurant and can do either cold carved meats with salad style food, OR fish and chips, sausage and chips, etc, 'tastefully done'.

I wouldn't mind but I'm seriously struggling with starters / desserts that match this type of main.

Imagine having posh fish and chips - thats essentially what it will be, what would you serve before / after?

Thanks.

8 replies

Latest activity by Zoomo13, 10 August, 2012 at 13:12
  • Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Maybe keep in with the theme of fish & chips and have like a pea soup (mushy pea soup) and then something light for dessert because fish & chips can be quite heavy so maybe a chocolate moose or sorbet or to keep in with the theme, a 99 ice cream!

Depends when your wedding is, if its a summer one then ice cream would be ok however if it is a winter one nobody will want ice cream so maybe a crumble or a pie....

Hope that helps...xx

• S
    Beginner July 2013
    sparkle52 ·
    • Hide content

We are havinf fish and chips and have booked a victorian style icecream bicycle fir dessert they do old skool lollies too like fabs and twisters. will prob get lots of strawberries and cream too. no starter for us. will prob have canapes though.

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

We had Fish & Chips for the evening meal for our wedding and it went down and absolute storm!!

Maybe go for a traditional starter and desert

Nat

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Hello! we have gone for very simple / british and our menu is as follows:

Canapes/nibbles to be decided

Fish & Chips / Steak & Ale Pie / Veggie (Need to figure something out here!)

Eton Mess / Fruit Crumble / Chocolate Cake

In the evening we are having ploughmans lunch style platters (on 3 tier stands)- they could make quite a good starter too tho?

hope this helps!

• SuperDuff
    Beginner November 2013
    SuperDuff ·
    • Hide content

If it's proper fish and chips, don't bother with a starter. I would be completely happy with fish and chips followed by something light (we used to have jaffa cakes after our Saturday tea at home) - ice cream would be fab ?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I would say no starter with fish and chips and a very light dessert ie eton mess, if it's a pub restraunt venue, maybe go one day and have the fish and chips and see what you could manage afterwards if anything. Maybe you could have cupcakes

• P
    Beginner
    Pea1803 ·
    • Hide content

We're having fish and chips for our wedding breakfast, no starter and having a home made cake table with victoria sponge, carrot cake, buns etc for dessert. I don't think people will be compaining that there was no starter!

• N
    Beginner June 2013
    natsastar ·
    • Hide content

Fish and Chips followed by eaton mess sounds good to me for food at a wedding! ? Perhaps you could have 2 options though so you can ask people which they would prefer, because i know lots of people who dont like fish and wont eat it...

So maybe fish and chips or sausage and chips? Then also 2 dessert options?

?

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

I too would also suggest about having an option of battered sausage and chips - im allergic to fish so if you only had that then i would go hungry all day!

i would suggest to se if you can have an ice cream van or tricycle for afters.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics