Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xMissyLoux
Beginner September 2012

Fishbowl or Thin Vase Centrepieces

xMissyLoux, 30 July, 2012 at 20:59 Posted on Planning 0 4

I have my final consultation with my florist tomorrow afternoon and I've still not finally decided on our centrepieces yet! Our budget will allow us thin vases with 3 roses or fishbowls with similar.

Please can you flash me some inspiration if you had/are having something similar even if not roses but other flowers!

Also anyone light up their centrepieces and if so how?

Hoping someone can help ASAP as won't be able to get on again tomorrow!

4 replies

Latest activity by xMissyLoux, 31 July, 2012 at 17:28
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I had tall, thin vases with orchids out the top. I had clear, crystal accent gel to look like ice inside, then floraltyes at the bottom. These are little, waterproof lights that come in plain or different colours to light up the gel. Dont have a pic of my actual centrepieces, but these might give you an idea:

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Teal. That's helpful I will suggest floraltyes to my florist and crystal accent gel. So far we've talked about having the coloured beads but think the gel would be better!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Are you hiring the vases ? Only reason I mention it is that you can cut the cost substantially by using opaque vases rather than clear which means you don't have the fill them with anything. Black tall thin vases are the most popular as these go with most colour schemes. Here's some I've done:-

Yorkshire brides may recognise Tankersley Manor, Barnsley and the Royal Victoria Hotel in Bradford.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I really dont like tall centrepieces as I think that they obscure the view of the top table and make conversation challenging. Also think that fishbowls look so much more sophisticated.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help guys! Had my consultation and ended up spending another £100!

I've decided I really don't like the tall thin vases. Fishbowls I like but I like walking into the empty room and seeing flowers on the table that stand out.

I've gone for these

This is my actual venue room all set up in my colours with centrepieces like mine

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics