Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

samidolls
Beginner September 2015

fitting dates - is this too late?

samidolls, 2 of May of 2015 at 18:23 Posted on Planning 0 5

Just spoke to the seamstress recommended by the shop where I bought my dress. Wedding is 25th September and they have scheduled the first fitting for 5th September. Does this seem like its a bit late for a first fitting?

my dress is the right length, it just doesn't zip up atm (major dieting going on) so either i fit or i get a modesty panel. I think it will just need taking in around the chest and possibly a few beads need reattaching.

5 replies

Latest activity by Ash953, 3 of May of 2015 at 10:09
  • critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Samidolls, I haven't spoken to the recommended seamstress for my dress yet but am getting married on 20th September and I am planning to do my first fitting end of July, then hopefully a second around 2 or 3 weeks before so end of August. I think it's good to be a similar size to what you'll be on the day but also have time if feasible to go back and try it again for any last minute bits or questions.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I got married on the 27th September and I think my fitting was late august. I did need mine taking up, but ended up not needing anything else, handy. I think you should be fine, its not peak season either so they should be able to get any changes done quicker

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I'm no expert but that does seem quite a tight timeline. I'm getting married at the end of October and the dress shop has me booked in for the beginning of August for first fitting. Only minor alterations needed too.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

I have my first fitting 6 weeks before the wedding.

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    littleredfairy ·
    • Hide content

If length not an issue I don't think it's too tight, but might be too tight to keep you happy if that makes sense?! I had fitting four weeks before, 'final' fitting last week - two weeks before and will pick up next Friday so exactly a week before

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

If your seamstress reckons it'll be enough time then I'd trust her. I only found my seamstress a month before my wedding and 3 weeks before I flew out of Perth. I didn't have to adjust length.

I also think it's good because one's weight shouldn't change too dramatically a few weeks before the wedding. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics