Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2012

Flameless candles

Meggiemoo1981, 18 of September of 2011 at 14:25 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

I am considering candleabras for the centrepieces. My only problem is my OH has asthma which is triggered by naked flames so obviously I need to find something without actual candles to give the same effect. Any ideas?

6 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 18 of September of 2011 at 15:40
  • bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I had battery operated tealights. Is this the sort of thing you mean? They look quite expensive but i'm sure if you Google you could find something suitable. x

/collections/tapers

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Maybe its best not to bother with candles in them at all. I always think the flameless ones look a bit "vampire ride at chessington" could you perhaps have some flowers round the candle holders or some Ivy? I think it was Sherrie who flashed that once and it looked nice?

Or just have the candles and dont light them. What is it in the flame that sets his asthma off? You can get smokeless ones if thats the worry?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had led candles inside our lanterns, they look a bit weird if not disguised...

WMiniS about either not lighting them or getting smokeless ones?

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

I've just bought a load of battery led tealights and they aren't that bad actually. I got mine from here: https://www.lights4fun.co.uk/Indoor-Lights/Christmas-Lights/Battery-Fairy-Lights/sssc1317.aspx

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from the same place as Twists. They do look so much better inside a lantern or with a votive upside down over them so you just see the glow, mine didn't look so good just sitting in a tea light holder.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of asthma triggered by naked flame - is it the smoke? Personally I think most battery operated 'candles' look really naff unless hidden so you can just see the glow IYSWIM? Even then some are still rubbish depending on which ones you go for.

I wanted candelabras but we're not allowed naked flames at our venue so I'm doing something else instead. Personally, if I were you I probably wouldn't have candelabras.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics